Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bittersweet (UPDATE)

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2017 at 10:54 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this
I just moved to my new apt which is very nice. So yesterday I was feeling intense anxiety and decided to go outside and sit on the bus stop bench. While sitting there writing, an old neighbor (of a year) who couldnt help me move because he was still on another job, was driving by, saw me, honked the horn and motioned for me to come over as he pulled over. So I went over and we started talking.

To make a long story short, he told me that he liked me since the day I moved into the neighborhood. I couldnt believe it but was very flattered. He also made it known that he is interested in dating me.

I thought I was invisible to men. But an associate told me that there are a lot of men who like me but know I wont tolerate bs so they dont approach. I think maybe this is possible but I dont believe this for myself.

The thing is he didnt respond back to me when I texted him this morning. And I started feeling this longing. And then i asked myself what is this about. And then it hit me:
1) I latched on to this small amt attention I was given because I am starving for it and lonely.
2)I reached out to associates to chat but they are busy which intensified my loneliness.
3) I realize that I am 36 y/o and dont have anyone outside myself.

Sigh. I wish I wasn't so vulnerable because with this kind of vulnerability causes my guard to drop. If it wasnt for the fact my place is a mess and I had something to do that night, I probably would have invited him up or went somewhere with and fucked him. Lol.

Thanks for "listening".

UPDATE: After getting the advice of others as well as doing my own research, prayer, meditation and energetic healing, I finally had my breakthrough:

1)I got caught up in "being seen" by a man since I have felt invisible for a very long time.

2) Since I have a lot of masculine energy, I tend to attract men with a lot of feminity (very laidback, slow to get things done and to approach a woman, etc.)

3) I realize that I wasnt attracted to him, my wounded inner child was. Background: Growing up, I experienced a lot of bullying and rejection because my mother didnt keep me up and I was also very smart. Some of the boys who did like me, didnt want the other kids to know and also tortured me.)

Sigh. I have a lot of work to do. Therefore dating isnt high on the list right now.

Thanks for listening.
by on Oct. 8, 2017 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Seashell77
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2017 at 9:46 AM

Try to take all of the positives out of this and refuse the negatives. It's nice knowing that you are attractive and have some men interested, however like you said not all who are interested are worthy of you. It's best to get to know someone gradually and for safety reasons too. This man may answer your text soon and it might be good to meet at a public place and just gradually get to know one another. If not this particular person, then someone else. Now you know you have admirers and also you know you can and need be particular for your own safety and good. I hope you will take everything good from this experience and feel good about yourself. 

LoisLane78
by Member on Oct. 9, 2017 at 10:56 AM
2 moms liked this

I am impressed that you are so self aware.  That you are perceptive enough to be able to list the reasons why you were so vulnerable to this man's attention.  This may have happened for a reason.  So that you will realize your vulnerability.  Whether you recognize it or not, you are a valuable person.  You don't need to jump into bed with the first guy who talks to you.  Take it slow, get to know each other before you make it all about the physical. There needs to be so much more to a quality relationship than sex.  Do you have shared values, interests, etc.  I hope you do find that special someone, but don't compromise who you are for a man.

deltathree
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2017 at 2:48 PM
I know the feeling hugs.
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Oct. 9, 2017 at 4:32 PM
2 moms liked this

stop analyzing everything to death. enjoy the fact that someone is interested in you and takke it from there. you are smart enough to make the right decisions. just go with the flow and good luck!

LoisLane78
by Member on Oct. 16, 2017 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

@luvmia, how are things going?

zboys
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2017 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this
So any updates??
luvmia
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2017 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you for your input.

Its not that I was going to jump in the bed with the first guy that talks to me. I was caught up in the moment and obviously horny. Lol.

Quoting LoisLane78:

I am impressed that you are so self aware.  That you are perceptive enough to be able to list the reasons why you were so vulnerable to this man's attention.  This may have happened for a reason.  So that you will realize your vulnerability.  Whether you recognize it or not, you are a valuable person.  You don't need to jump into bed with the first guy who talks to you.  Take it slow, get to know each other before you make it all about the physical. There needs to be so much more to a quality relationship than sex.  Do you have shared values, interests, etc.  I hope you do find that special someone, but don't compromise who you are for a man.

luvmia
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2017 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this
If I dont analyze the situation, I might screw myself over in the process. It jas happened.

Quoting lyrick24:

stop analyzing everything to death. enjoy the fact that someone is interested in you and takke it from there. you are smart enough to make the right decisions. just go with the flow and good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)