Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

One of those days...

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2017 at 3:20 PM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do you ever have those days (or weeks) where you feel like absolute garbage? Like nothing you do is right, or good enough? Where you have to hide in the bathroom at work to hide your random tear-filled outbursts? And you can't figure out why you feel this way, or how to feel better. And nothing your (boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife, significant other...) person can say or do to snap you out of your funk.

I'm having one of those weeks...sitting at work, swallowing tears while my boss meets with clients. And my boyfriend tries so hard to help and understand, but I can't quite articulate what's wrong...

by on Nov. 20, 2017 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Seashell77
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I hear you. Sometimes we have times like that. For me it's often hormonal, for I think I'm pre menopausal. Hopefully you'll be feeling more yourself soon. 

I notice you are new to our group. Welcome! The members here are so nice, supportive and caring. We look forward to getting to know you. welcome

MixedCooke
by Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh yeah but that’s not this week. It was last year around this time where I was just total bah humbug. I’m realizing that my diet plays a role in my emotions as well. I feel better and have more energy when I’m lower carb. When I eat crap, I feel like crap—low energy, low self-esteem, grumpy.
amonkeymom
by Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh boy, do I have those days! I had one of those days on Friday, in fact. 

Just remember that you're not really messing things up. You are doing things right. It's just one day, tomorrow will be better.

captainjack
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes way too many

Quoting NatsSilentStep:

Do you ever have those days (or weeks) where you feel like absolute garbage? Like nothing you do is right, or good enough? Where you have to hide in the bathroom at work to hide your random tear-filled outbursts? And you can't figure out why you feel this way, or how to feel better. And nothing your (boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife, significant other...) person can say or do to snap you out of your funk.

I'm having one of those weeks...sitting at work, swallowing tears while my boss meets with clients. And my boyfriend tries so hard to help and understand, but I can't quite articulate what's wrong...

**We're wanting more admin for our Time Out for You group,

If interested send me a PM :)

NatsSilentStep
by New Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 11:08 AM

Update: I did my best to explain to my boyfriend what's spinning round in my head. And that's it's not his fault, or doing, or job to fix it. This was his response. I don't know what I did to earn a love like this, but I'm so glad I did!

pam4him
by on Nov. 21, 2017 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, many of us go through times like this.  This particular week is especially hard for me.  There are so many variables that affect our emotions, it's sometimes hard to pinpoint the cause the pain.   It's okay to not know why, but do try to communicate what will help you get through it.  Sounds like you have a very understanding BF.  Assure him it is not him, that you are working through something and just need him to... (hold you while you cry, get you more kleenex, allow you some alone time, whatever works for you).  Prayers for peace friend.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)