Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh...really having a rough go of it...

So, I've been seeing my boyfriend now for about 15 months. In August, my son and I followed him to a different state. Before and after the move, his father has expressed "concerns" about our relationship. For example: he worries that because I'm much older than my bf, that I'll try and steer the relationship. Which is the opposite of how I am and not something he has to worry about his son letting happen. 

But things seemed to have been getting better. Until today, when I met with his dad's business partner (and my only real friend in this town) and she said he seemed aprehensive about us meeting. But that she's 100% in my corner and working to help him see me in a more positive light.

On top of that, my job is 100% sales/commission based and I have NO clients yet, so no income. Well the owner sat me down today to give me a scolding and a pep talk, all rolled into one, about how my cold calling has dropped to 0 lately and it's clear I've taken on a defeatist attitude. So I'm feeling really beat up on and down on myself, like I'm letting everyone down somehow. 

The only thing keeping me out of the pit is that I get to see my boyfriend tonight and he told me the first time his dad raised concerns that they didn't drive his discisions or desire to be with me. 

Thanks for letting me vent! 

by on Nov. 29, 2017 at 4:02 PM
Replies (11-12):
deltathree
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2017 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh, forgot to say welcome to the group! :-)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 4, 2017 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs.  Your calls will get better soon.  You have just moved and that takes a bit out of you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)