Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

working is impossible with him

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2017 at 9:50 AM
  • 6 Replies

I got a job last month which was working out great, 10 hour days Thursday-Saturday no problem but I got laid off for being pregnant, yeah I am dead serious.  After 3 weeks I got the call which i new was coming because of what happened with a supervisor getting all bitchy with me because another supervisor said I could not do something due to being pregnant but then this supervisor turned around and asked me to do it. When i explained to him about the other supervisor and just not wanting to get into trouble he got a HUGE attitude and made the comment "so your only good for sitting and standing around". I wanted to throat punch him, the day before I got stuck feeding 13 hoppers most the day by myself. It is where you feed pages of books into hoppers , each page is different so you have to make sure to put it in the right hopper and have to move very fast so they do not run out.

Well I got another job offer but it is Wendesnday-Sunday  , 8 hour days and after daycare expenses and gas it would leave me with just under $130 a week and I have to go up and down a mountain that tends to close multiple times during winter due to ice so between that and my SO refusing to watch the kids on Sunday's that was out. 

I got another job making $13 an hour, started yesterday and you work every other weekend. It is 12 hour shifts  Well due to last minute my sitter already had plans so she could not watch them and SO had to work. He is off tomorrow but refuses to watch the kids , he says he is not a baby sitter. Looks like I will be leaving this job , my sitter does not watch kids on Sunday period because she goes to church and has a big family get together.

I am so sick of being a single parent in a relationship, yes that pretty much sums it up. He gets to work whenever the hell he wants, all 7 days if he wants but every job I get, oh you can't work weekends, oh thats to late to work, oh thats to many days. I am responsible for childcare if I want to work , he will not pick them up or drop them off nor pay a cent for it.  If he is off on a day I have to work he will not watch the kids because he is not a babysitter. 

I have been so worried about Christmas and getting stuff for the new baby which i am due with in February. I am to the point I don;t even want to celebrate Christmas , I just want to say to hell with it. Every year all his family comes over here and who gets stuck cleaning the entire house and cooking? ME! It's not my damn family and we are not married , he does not lift a damn finger. 

He told me next week we will take his check and get everything we need for the kids for Christmas, uh okay problem is the car insurance is due which we owe over $300 because he has not paid it in going on 3 months, If not paid next week it will be dropped and being as it has been dropped once we will not be able to get it again if it drops a 2nd time. He says we can just find insurance somewhere else, I kid you not he has made it impossible for us to get car insurance. The place we are at now is only $127 , everywhere else wants us to pay $200+ a month and have a big deposit upfront because he is constantly not paying for insurance , we have quite a few places we can't even get insurance at and he has multiple tickets. We had one place that wanted to charge us $500 upfront then over $300 a month

I am seriously considering taking alot of the tax money and just packing up and leaving. I was waiting until summer but I just can't do this anymore. My problem is he will claim the 2 kids we have together , am I allowed to take that money or can he get me for stealing it? I have supported the kids more then he has this year between bills , daycare expenses and buying them food and clothes. He will not buy them anything , hell for Christmas he just wanted to get them a pair of shoes and some clothes because hes a damn cheapskate yet he went out and bought a damn Negan bat last week for almost $50. 

BabyGaga
Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!
by on Dec. 2, 2017 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
AmandaK84
by on Dec. 2, 2017 at 10:01 AM
Wow..he is the father and won't "babysit"? I'd not wait, I'd leave now.
sweetlady0157
by New Member on Dec. 2, 2017 at 11:31 PM
Wow. Just reading this your situation sounds so stressful. He isn't trying to make life easier for you or the kids. That's so frustrating and you deserve so much better. Honestly, you would do better without him, and it would be way less stress. I would leave. Life is too short.
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Dec. 3, 2017 at 10:44 AM

i would not stick around. i feel you could do better on your own. do you file taxes for yourself? claim the kids on your taxes and do it before he has a chance to. hes not helping you in any way. file for child support.

MixedCooke
by Member on Dec. 3, 2017 at 12:07 PM
He is your husband and their father or just their father? If husband, I would divorce and if boyfriend, I would break up.
schooldays2022
by on Dec. 3, 2017 at 12:09 PM

Yeah, I'm agreeing with the above posters: why stick around to be with someone like that? You (obviously) deserve better. 

It sounds like you **are** filing taxes with him. (?) It also sounds like he's an asshole, and you're predicting that he's going to take the bucks when check comes.

I would begin making a serious plan **now**. Is your family in the area and can help you out financially? Perhaps let you move in? I would be filing papers for him to pay CSupport now. It will take a little while to get everything moving.

Do you have your own vehicle?

deltathree
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2017 at 11:17 PM
Huge hugs
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)