Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let's talk about rage...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
Is this a depression thing?

I'm diagnosed Bipolar so it is hard to tell between what's what. Depression vs manic etc.

But for the past month and a half maybe all I've felt is complete and utter rage.

I'm usually the nicest person ever.

To date - I've went off on 2 receptionists, a doctor, a nurse, a manager at a grocery store, and a Baptist church director.

What is wrong with me?!

My psychiatrist upped my mood stabilizer (followed with blood work) but, seriously.

I'm sorry. Make that 3 receptionists and one health insurance agent.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 4, 2017 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lovingladyo4
by Member on Dec. 4, 2017 at 5:48 PM

Please don't let doctors trick you into thinking medication is the answer for everything. Just because it's the only answer THEY have, it doesn't mean there aren't professional loving and caring people who can help you in this specific area of your life. I get so angry at our medical institution because they want people to believe their way is the ONLY way. Well it is NOT! You deserves so much more. I am sad they cannot offer you true genuine help. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 4, 2017 at 6:20 PM
He is truly a good doctor. He saw me on an emergency appointment Friday when the office is usually closed.

But I agree and am open to alternative therapies.

Quoting lovingladyo4:

Please don't let doctors trick you into thinking medication is the answer for everything. Just because it's the only answer THEY have, it doesn't mean there aren't professional loving and caring people who can help you in this specific area of your life. I get so angry at our medical institution because they want people to believe their way is the ONLY way. Well it is NOT! You deserves so much more. I am sad they cannot offer you true genuine help. 

lovingladyo4
by Member on Dec. 4, 2017 at 6:37 PM

There is a lot of information out there, from individuals as well as doctors, that reveals just how effective other therapies can be. I am proof that medicine can only take a person so far, because without treating the root cause of the problem. you really can't help a person. A doctor will just manage your condition. 

I go to a functional doctor who has helped people without the use of drugs. It all starts in the brain. If there are deficiences in the brain, the headquaters for governing your whole body, it affects these other areas of your body. Your hormones play a huge role in depression. A drug will be like a bandaid on the problem. But until you treat the cause, you stay on the treadmill. 

Alternate therapies scare people because for generations and generations traditional medicine, or western medicine, has remained at the forefront of the medical industry. Little does the public know the monopoly that has deceived them. Little do they know the untold amounts of doctors who have left their field of medicine because of this deception in making people believe their medicine is the only approach to take. Stories I have heard would absolutely astound you. 

I would like to encourage you to research other options and be made whole again a LOT quicker!!!!!

Quoting Anonymous 1: He is truly a good doctor. He saw me on an emergency appointment Friday when the office is usually closed. But I agree and am open to alternative therapies.
Quoting lovingladyo4:

deltathree
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2017 at 2:23 PM
I agree with the other poster. Huge hugs.
Spaceyspace
by Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 8:26 AM
I had a huge problem with rage due to bipolar disorder and being triggered from ptsd. My doctor put me on Risperdal and that has helped a great deal and I work on my ptsd triggers in therapy. I know what it's like to feel rage and that's not a good place to be in. I hope you find relief soon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2017 at 1:57 PM
I wondered if it was a bipolar thing 🤔

I'm under a lot of stress with my youngest. I suspect he's on the spectrum or something similar and the process to get him help has be one long run around. And I'm losing my ability to cope with humans.

I save my patience for his meltdowns and then I have zero left for anyone else and I just lose my lid :(

Quoting Spaceyspace: I had a huge problem with rage due to bipolar disorder and being triggered from ptsd. My doctor put me on Risperdal and that has helped a great deal and I work on my ptsd triggers in therapy. I know what it's like to feel rage and that's not a good place to be in. I hope you find relief soon.
MixedCooke
by Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 4:56 AM

It could be a side effect of the increase in your dosage.  Yes rage is also another symptom of depression as well.  Was it difficult for them to diagnose you as bipolar? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2017 at 7:31 AM
I don't know if it was difficult per se. I just got the diagnosis as an adult. Looking back in hindsight, it makes sense. So, I don't doubt the diagnosis.

It all came to light after my 5th pregnancy loss. I became manic and had paranoid delusions and daily and nightly panic attacks.

It was then, I sought professional help.

Quoting MixedCooke:

It could be a side effect of the increase in your dosage.  Yes rage is also another symptom of depression as well.  Was it difficult for them to diagnose you as bipolar? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)