Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you don't feel merry this holiday season...

Posted by   + Show Post

giving heartAs beautiful as this season can be, for some people, for many different reasons, this can be a very tough time. If you are not feeling merry this December, please don't feel guilty or like something is wrong with you. That's just where you are right now, and that's okay. You can't force yourself to be somewhere you aren't. Find someone to talk to, or call 800-273-TALK (8255). Don't try to tackle this alone. People want to help, and you deserve to be helped.

And if you aren't ...feeling hopeless this season, please check on your people. Reach out to those that might be isolating themselves. Check in, let them know, with no pressure at all, that they are important to you. This season can be wonderful, but for those of us who can't see the beauty this year, let's support them, love them, help them, and make sure they know how much they mean to us. And don't expect people to be happy and cheerful just because of the time of year. Love people where they're at, especially in the dark times.

by on Dec. 12, 2017 at 7:12 PM
Replies (11-17):
zboys
by Platinum Member on Dec. 24, 2017 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this

This is the first Christmas I have not felt merry.  I met someone today at work who is trying to be merry in spite of this being her first Christmas as a widow.  I hope she's ok.

deltathree
by Platinum Member on Dec. 24, 2017 at 1:17 AM
You're very welcome❤

Quoting zboys:

Thanks for all the group hugs.  : )

Quoting deltathree:

group hug

Pixiemaid
by Bronze Member on Dec. 24, 2017 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm not feeling very merry but hey life goes on right
deltathree
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2017 at 12:36 PM
Hugs ❤

Quoting Pixiemaid: I'm not feeling very merry but hey life goes on right
deltathree
by Platinum Member on Dec. 26, 2017 at 1:57 PM
It's okay if you don't feel Jolly or happy or like you think you should right now. It's okay if you feel like you're in black and white and everyone else is living in color. It's okay. Hugs
deltathree
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2017 at 3:54 PM

group hug

deltathree
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2017 at 2:41 PM
❤❤❤
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)