Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frustrated

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
I'm soooooooo done. Not one thing has gone well at all for me lately. Not even when I'm trying full-force. I have to endure a phone interview tomorrow...well, today, now...and I'm so very DOWN on myself I don't know if I can do the FAKE IT TIL YA MAKE IT thing to even move on to next stage of interviewing.
I'm a complete failure and totally feeling as such. How the H am I going to be able to get a new job, AND KEEP IT IF I do...when I'm feeling completely WORTHLESS!!!???
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2017 at 4:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2017 at 8:25 AM
Read some motivational quotes to help lift your spirits. Read interview techniques so that you are ready for whatever question they may ask you. Research the company that you are applying for so you know what they are looking for.
agse01
by New Member on Dec. 28, 2017 at 8:49 PM

I am so sorry that you are feeling this way! I know life can get tough, whether it's by our own doing/choices or not, and the thing we often attack first is our own selfworth! I can assure you, you are not worthless! You have great value in this world. You may be going through a rough time, but your circumstances do not define you! You are worthwhile despite what you do or don't do! Please believe that! I don't know what your circumstances are or how you got to feeling this way, but take a deep breath and just breathe! Take one day at a time, one circumstance at a time, one interaction at a time! Don't believe the lies that you are currently believing about yourself..you are so much more and can accomplish anything you want if you set your mind to it! It sounds like you might be dealing with a lot of emotional stuff right now. Are you talking to anyone? Do you have a support system? Please reach out if you don't! We are not meant to walk this life journey by ourselves, especially in difficult situations! I don't know your spiritual beliefs, but I will be praying for you! I hope your interview went well today!

BSBMOM579
by on Dec. 29, 2017 at 12:14 PM

Oh no...so sorry you are feeling down.  I agree with above post..it is hard to not believe the lies that creep into our minds about ourselves.  I'm a firm believer on 'seasons' of our lives, and if you are in one where things don't seem to be going well...hang in there and  have faith!  "This too shall pass".  Let us know how the interview went.  

Seashell77
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2017 at 11:31 AM

I hope that your interview went well. Sorry you're going through such a challenging time. I like what the others said here. Let us know how you are doing. hugging

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)