Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant and so depressed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm 34 weeks pregnant and can't take my regular depression meds that I'm really craving. The OB doctor gave me some mild meds, but they are just not strong enough.  I still have 6 weeks before I deliver.  I just don't see how I can go that long with out some stronger meds.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2018 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
HaroldsMom
by Member on Jan. 27, 2018 at 10:50 AM
What kind are you on? I took mine when I was pregnant
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 27, 2018 at 11:31 AM

Quoting HaroldsMom: What kind are you on? I took mine when I was pregnant

Lexapro...just need more.  Baby is really restless and is keeping me from sleeping. The last few weeks of pregnancy are difficult.

HaroldsMom
by Member on Jan. 27, 2018 at 11:44 AM
Okay here's a bump I wish I could do more. In the end it will be worth it

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Lexapro...just need more.  Baby is really restless and is keeping me from sleeping. The last few weeks of pregnancy are difficult.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 27, 2018 at 11:49 AM

Quoting HaroldsMom: Okay here's a bump I wish I could do more. In the end it will be worth it
Quoting Anonymous 1:

I know the baby will be worth it.  My DH is older than I am, and he is so excited to become a daddy for the first time.

HaroldsMom
by Member on Jan. 27, 2018 at 11:50 AM
That’s great

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting HaroldsMom: Okay here's a bump I wish I could do more. In the end it will be worth it

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I know the baby will be worth it.  My DH is older than I am, and he is so excited to become a daddy for the first time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2018 at 9:45 AM

What did you take while pregnant?  How many mgs?

Nicholy10
by Member on Feb. 3, 2018 at 4:43 PM

I know it is hard. *hugs* I'm here if you want to talk.

I would like to invite you to join my group if you are suffering with mental illness, know somebody who does, work in the field, or just want to learn more about mental illness. Please join and help me fight stigma. 

¯`•.•´¯) (¯`•.•´¯)
*`•.¸(¯`•.•´¯)¸.•´ ♥
☆ º ♥ `•.¸.•´ ♥ º ☆.¸¸.•´¯`♥
Join Us At Mental Illness Support & Awareness
*******for information, friendship & support********
**********See you there********!
‎(¯`•.•´¯) (¯`•.•´¯)
☆.¸¸.•´¯`♥ *`•.¸(¯`•.•´¯)¸.•´ ♥
☆ º ♥ `•.¸.•´ ♥ º ☆.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/119824

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2018 at 9:44 AM

Quoting Nicholy10:

I know it is hard. *hugs* I'm here if you want to talk.

I would like to invite you to join my group if you are suffering with mental illness, know somebody who does, work in the field, or just want to learn more about mental illness. Please join and help me fight stigma. 

¯`•.•´¯) (¯`•.•´¯)*`•.¸(¯`•.•´¯)¸.•´ ♥☆ º ♥ `•.¸.•´ ♥ º ☆.¸¸.•´¯`♥Join Us At Mental Illness Support & Awareness*******for information, friendship & support******************See you there********!‎(¯`•.•´¯) (¯`•.•´¯)☆.¸¸.•´¯`♥ *`•.¸(¯`•.•´¯)¸.•´ ♥☆ º ♥ `•.¸.•´ ♥ º ☆.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/119824

Thank you, I joined your group and hope that it will help me get through this difficult pregnancy.  I was doing well on my meds before I got pregnant., but my doctor cut the dosages down or cut the medications out due to my pregnancy.  He said that I would be over medicated while pregnant.  I admit that I was taking several meds, but they were helping me deal with depression, anxiety, and my bipolar condition..  I was sleeping for long periods of time and felt like I was often in a dream world so perhaps I was taking too many drugs.  I felt so good. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)