Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just don’t care anymore.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
My daughter is trying to have a 40th Birthday party for me next month. I found out about it. I really don’t want her to anymore because no one will come. My mom already texted her and said it was short notice and nobody will make it. (It’s a months notice) not short notice. My sisters already said they can’t come (figured they wouldn’t anyway) they have never been there for me nor have they come to any parties I’ve had. I have no friends. Literally no one. People say they are there for me bla bla bla but never are and again any friends I thought I had, have never come to any parties I had. Always excuses from people. I’m always nice to people and always get the short end of the stick. I’m gonna stop because i’m fighting the cry. I give up on people and trying! And now my daughter is upset because she knows i’m hurt.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2018 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2018 at 4:26 PM
How about just going on a Mother-daughter trip out of the country? Take a cruise? Explore Europe?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2018 at 8:00 PM
If only I had the money.

Quoting MixedCooke: How about just going on a Mother-daughter trip out of the country? Take a cruise? Explore Europe?
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2018 at 8:59 PM
Yeah you and me both. My big 4-0 is in May and I’m in the same boat as you.

Quoting Anonymous 1: If only I had the money.

Quoting MixedCooke: How about just going on a Mother-daughter trip out of the country? Take a cruise? Explore Europe?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2018 at 10:00 PM
It sucks! I told my dh tonight I found out and I didn’t want it. I do but I don’t because I know no one will make it. Sunday’s are bad for people to begin with and Saturday is bad for my daughter. No biggie I’ve never had a party I don’t need one now. Just my kids and hubby. Good!!!! Screw everyone else

Quoting MixedCooke: Yeah you and me both. My big 4-0 is in May and I’m in the same boat as you.

Quoting Anonymous 1: If only I had the money.

deltathree
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2018 at 11:45 PM
I hear you. I'm so sorry. Maybe just do a fun family thing. Just explain to your daughter why so she's not upset. A very happy birthday to you. I hope you enjoy your day . Huge hugs❤
snflwrgrl
by on Feb. 5, 2018 at 12:07 AM
Are you sure no one will be able to make it? Since your daughter is the one giving the party can she check in advance and see if people can come on that Sunday before sending out the invitations? If not, can she schedule the party for a day when they can come? If no one can come and, I’m truly sorry if that is the case, or if no one makes the effort, that is a reflection of them not you. You are worthy!! You are worth that party!! You matter!! You have a wonderful daughter that loves you very much and that is a gift in itself. How special of her to want to throw her mother a party. <3 That touches my heart. I’m sorry if you feel you don’t have any friends in your life that makes that extra effort. That is very hurtful. :’( I have always been a very giving friend and I got hurt many times before I was able to stop expecting other people to be like me. I realized that I love to give, that’s who I am, and I didn’t have to get anything back for that to continue to make me happy. But it took me a long time to feel that way. It wasn’t until I was in my 50s. I can tell you that God loves you more than anything though and he is the best friend by far if you’ll let him be. He can heal your every hurt. <3 I’ll be praying for you this week and I hope you will keep in touch. Big hug!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)