Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sick!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
I have been aick with a respiratory infection since saturday. Yesterday i was able to go to dr because i told my babysitter i was working and called in at work. (Babysitter wont help unless its work related) dr wants me to take a week off work, but i cant i have bills to pay at worl no one can cover my shift. Yesterday they kept calling me. My depression has gotten worse were am getying late to work because i just want to be asleep. I feel like i dont matter to anyone. Dr told me to take care of myself so this doesnt turn into pnemounia. I feel so alone.and useless.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2018 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 7, 2018 at 11:54 AM

hi ohh sorry things are bad for you. woww what a strict babysitter you have!!! but their hard to come by i know and as long as she's good with your children and your home that's super important. You're very inventive to come up with the 'excuse' of working to be able to get to the doctor. How ever old your children are can you put them in a safe room and then you rest on a sofa there?  Maybe another parent in the area or someone from a church could give you a hand if even you have school age kids that leave home to go to school? maybe someone could take your kids to school for you or watch your kids for 3 hours or so for you to get rest?  Im sorry you're so sick hope you feel better soon and your kids don't catch it.  Feel better mama!!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2018 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. Yes this babysitter of mine is something else shes great with the kids thats why i keep her. My kids are 3 and 5 my 5 year old goes to school for half the day only.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

hi ohh sorry things are bad for you. woww what a strict babysitter you have!!! but their hard to come by i know and as long as she's good with your children and your home that's super important. You're very inventive to come up with the 'excuse' of working to be able to get to the doctor. How ever old your children are can you put them in a safe room and then you rest on a sofa there?  Maybe another parent in the area or someone from a church could give you a hand if even you have school age kids that leave home to go to school? maybe someone could take your kids to school for you or watch your kids for 3 hours or so for you to get rest?  Im sorry you're so sick hope you feel better soon and your kids don't catch it.  Feel better mama!!!!!

deltathree
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2018 at 2:33 PM

feel betterhugsim sorry

Summer118
by on Mar. 12, 2018 at 2:19 PM

I'm so sorry. Do you have a church that you attend or would trust? Sometimes they offer free sitting for moms or maybe they would know a really responsible student or retiree who could come over for a bit to help. It is difficult to take care of everyone else when you're not well yourself. Don't be afraid or ashamed to ask for some help when you need it.

zboys
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2018 at 8:50 PM
Hugs
gjetson33
by on Mar. 14, 2018 at 12:58 AM

I pray that you feel better. I know that you said you have to work to pay the bills, but if you can take one day to rest and give your body some time to heal. Being sick does not make you useless or weak. It sounds like you are always taking care of everyone else, now its time to take care of you! Sending gentle hugs...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)