Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Decided to get back on meds

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2018 at 5:22 PM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

I've been a member for a while but I have not posted.  I decided about a month ago that I need to get back on meds.  I went today and the dr put me on Lexapro 10 mg.  I have never been on this one before but I'm hoping it will help.  Plus my husband and I are going to start meditating again in the evenings.  I've had depression for 25 years.  I've had good time and bad times thru out the years.  But the past 7 months-moving to a new state; leaving my elderly parents and my daughter has been a bit hard because i'm extremely close to them.  I'm hoping for better days.

by on Mar. 15, 2018 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
zboys
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2018 at 6:57 PM
Those r some big changes. . . .I'm happy u have ur husband there to support u. Hugs
lucy164
by Peggy on Mar. 16, 2018 at 10:00 AM

That's a good decision.  Lexapro is supposed to be a good one.  I take Cymbalta.  Good luck to you.  HUGS

Rumbagal
by New Member on Mar. 16, 2018 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you.  I feel very blessed to have him.   I don't think I would have gotten this far without him.

Quoting zboys: Those r some big changes. . . .I'm happy u have ur husband there to support u. Hugs

Rumbagal
by New Member on Mar. 16, 2018 at 1:01 PM

Thank you. :)  I'm hoping for a positive change.

Quoting lucy164:

That's a good decision.  Lexapro is supposed to be a good one.  I take Cymbalta.  Good luck to you.  HUGS

NHOPE127
by on Mar. 16, 2018 at 3:16 PM

Wow, that is a lot of change for anyone.  It's normal to be sad and miss your family.  I would start planning events and visits to have something to look forward to.  Do you speak with them on the phone or facetime regularly?  Have you made any new friends in the new location?  I know it's hard but there are plenty of opportunities out there for you.  Reach out to others and help them through a difficult time. It really helps me to stop focusing on myself and help the needs around me.  Keep hope and make some plans.  

veggiemom474
by Member on Mar. 16, 2018 at 3:47 PM

Try CBD oil. Order a quality brand.

My DD tried Lexapro and it made her worse.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)