Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Starting Point.

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:28 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 389 Total Views

Here is where you will start and introduce yourself. 

Tell us a little about yourself and what you hope to get out of this group =)

My name is Kristina and I am 24 years old. I have 3 girls. Kaleigh is 29 months Phoebe is 14 month and Makenzie is 4 months. I have been married since 2006 to my hubby whom i have been with since 2003.  Before becoming a SAHM i worked in the ER and ran rescue for the city. My hubby is an RN in the civilian world and also a Critical Care RN in the USAF Air National Guard. since becoming a mommy my self esteem issues have really taken a toll on me. im not in any way shape or form blaming my kids... i have always had low self esteem some days are just worse than others. I am in counseling for this but i could still use some support on the days when i don't see the therapist. because on the days that my hubby is away with the USAF are the days its the hardest. i hope to find friends and someone i can relate to and talk with to help get through those bad days. 

by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetPea020403
by Group Owner on May. 27, 2010 at 2:51 PM

BUMP!

SweetPea020403
by Group Owner on May. 29, 2010 at 8:49 AM
Come on ladies I wanna know a little about you =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livn4hevn
by Group Admin on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:26 PM

hey girls!

My name is Dana, I'm a 24 year old SAHM of three- Sam is 4, Joey is 2 and Lily is 6 mos! My husband and I are stationed at Fort Lewis, WA in the US Army.

My biggest hurdles center around my weight, and my husband's disorder. He has a hard time accepting the fact that he has Narcolepsy, and that he's much more limited in his activity. As a result, he and I struggle with how to find a balance for what he's capable of doing, without over-exhertion. We go back and fourth over me babying him, and me relying on him too much. Both of us need to get through this. I don't wanna blame my self-esteem on him, but some days I feel worthless, and some days I feel like I'm doing everything while he just sits around and enjoys the ride!!!

As far as my weight, I was a nice, sexy 135 lbs when I met my husband. I was 140 when I got pregnant. Now, after three babies, I'm a hefty 185. i've never been fat. I've never been obese I'm not used to it and my self image is all but shattered. I really want to lose the weight but I don't even know HOW. I've never had to watch my food intake. The discipline it takes for me to stay on track, exercise, drink water, etc... it's overwhelming. I've been working at it for about a month (not as consistently as I SHOULD) and I lost 3 lbs. I know I can do better than 3 lbs a month... I just have to keep going even when I don't want to!!

SweetPea020403
by Group Owner on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:20 PM

Hi Dana =) and welcome (= i understand the weight thing... im a very jealous wife(for prior issues before getting married) and have a hard time excepting that he works with ALL women... so i see all these young pretty nurses and think omg i hate myself...

SweetPea020403
by Group Owner on Jun. 7, 2010 at 10:07 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maisydays
by on Jun. 7, 2010 at 11:29 AM

Hello Ladies, I am a sahm, my kids are 15,12,7. I am a late in life mom of 50, lost two at 14 and 15 and then got blessed with three starting at 34.  I have been with my so for 12 years now, married for 7 of it.  I wanted to join this group because I really have a hard time with my self esteem a round the raising of my children. When I was 12 I was a run away and grew up on the streets.  So I still at my age have a real hard time with the discipline issues and believe me it shows in my 15 year old.  When i got with my husband he was a drunk and used chem, I ended up going to three dv shelters (more for the verbal and threats of hitting) before my so got sober, 5 years now.  But the one thing I knew about him all through that terrible time was that I knew  he had a good heart and if I could have the faith he would make the right decision and choose love and family.  And he did, it just depends on how much you want to sacrifice for your marriage without degrading yourself.  Sorry so long,  I can relate to the above post so much hope you both are having better days;)

SweetPea020403
by Group Owner on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:17 PM
You sound like a wonderful and strong person! I hope you find all the live and support u need here looking forward to seeing you in the threads!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roxanne1958
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 11:33 AM

Hello everyone my name is Roxanne.  I'm 51 yrs old, wife to David for the past 33 yrs, mother to Jason (32), Eric (25) & Robyn (17), Granny to Dominic (almost 3) and #2 expected Nov. 18th!! 

David & I married when we were 18, young, dumb, and in lust....also 3 months pregnant.  I thank GOD for the fact that my husband has never abused me or ever made me wonder if he was/is faithful.  Kinda figure that if I could stay faithful all these years then so could he. 

I don't really know the root cause of my low self-esteem, other than the fact I don't feel like "I'm not good enough".   

Two yrs ago I returned to the work world after being a homeschooling mom for the past 16 yrs.  Not much in common with the ladies at work.  I'm the receptionist but feel like I'm looked down on by the so called professionals in the office...again ‘not good enough'....then get mad at myself for allowing them to make me feel this way. 

I guess that's enough for now.  I'm looking forward to making new friends!

SweetPea020403
by Group Owner on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:24 PM
Hi Roxanne and welcome! It's great to see you jumpin right into the discussions. =) I'm delighted you have chosen to join the group and hope you ate able to get out of it what you are lookin for =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink2442
by on Aug. 12, 2010 at 10:44 AM

Hi everyone!  I am a 38 yo mom of 3, dd 13, ds 7, and dd 2.  I never really had the best self esteem.  Mostly body issues.  I am married now for the third time (first time was left when I was 6 months preg, Second husband died, and now have been w/ dh for 4 yrs married 2). I am working nights for now, at Domino's which is kind of embarrassing for some one my age.  I want to go back to school once my youngest gets in per k. I am glad to have been invited to join your group.  Made me feel good :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)