Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Walmart gives people good Jobs. Disspelling the myth

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:53 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 326 Total Views
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
babonwy
by New Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 12:38 PM

I used to work for walmart and was treated like shit for being pregnant...they tried to put me in the meat deparment lifting 25-60lbs boxes on icy floors ALL day (at 4 months pregnant!) (btw I am 5 foot tall...I can't reach the boxes and they new this)...while they put several men (healthy strong) men in vary easy jobs....

this company is 100% sexist amoung other things!

Commie_Mommie
by Group Owner on Jun. 4, 2010 at 2:28 PM

We need a union for short people lol

Pregnant women cost them money, of course they'd work you like a pack mule. It's just so ridiculous they way they treat woman and people of a minority race. Something NEEDS to change, and fast.

tinkerbellinfl
by New Member on Jun. 10, 2010 at 2:48 PM

i work for walmart and they suck they are so wasteful. and they treat people like shit but it pays the bills.... this woman who was 5mo preggy  that i work with  because she  got doc orders not to lift more then 25pnds when she came in with the paper they let her go....thats bs where im from they have to work with u that would be discremnation wouldnt it?

Kaelansmom
by on Jul. 9, 2010 at 7:52 PM

When I applied for a Dept Manager job (Garden Center) I was told that because I was a female.. I wouldn't get it... even though I had more experience than the man they gave it to... I wish I could have proven it... but, he told me this after they assigned the job.

Commie_Mommie
by Group Owner on Jul. 9, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Quoting Kaelansmom:

When I applied for a Dept Manager job (Garden Center) I was told that because I was a female.. I wouldn't get it... even though I had more experience than the man they gave it to... I wish I could have proven it... but, he told me this after they assigned the job.

I am very sorry that that happened to you <3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)