Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

gall bladder removed?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:15 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 155 Total Views

Has anyone had this done? If so, have you been able to eat what you want since then or have you found it difficult to enjoy the things you did before all the troubles started? I had a few attacks after my last baby was born and had my gall bladder removed a few months ago. Since then I can't find anything that I can eat or drink without having to run to the bathroom 15 minutes later. It is frustrating! I can't go out to eat or travel too far from home. I don't even have much of an appetite anymore which is surprising, as eating is (or at least was) my favorite thing to do! I found one person who said the only thing that she is able to eat now without any problems is pancakes. That is ridiculous. They certainly didn't tell me about any future problems at the time of my surgery. If I would have known all this would happen I might have said no to the surgery and just lived with the occassional, very painful, attacks!

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
morningglory1
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:39 PM

Wow, I'm sorry this is happening to you! They wanted to take my gallbladder out a few years ago after a few painful episodes. They couldn't find anything wrong with my gallbladder but they wanted to take it out anyway. I refused. I watch what I eat now, for the most part, and I haven't had any more pain. My sis had hers out because of sludge in hers and she hasn't had any problems. You probably should go back and talk to the dr.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)