Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introduce Yourself!

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:26 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 315 Total Views

Take a minute to introduce yourself. wave

6835667_3149546.jpg USAF wife image by daniraye84

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abeautifulhope
by New Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Hi! My name is Jess. I have an almost 4 month old baby boy named William. He is the light of my life and everything that makes me smile every day. My husband is in the United States Airforce and is currently training for his job. He sadly has been gone since April and will be gone until almost October. It is hard to get up everyday, but with William I am doing it.

I can't wait to meet and get to know you all. :)

kittymom83
by Group Owner on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:29 PM

Welcome- I am happy to have you here!

group hug

SabrinaLC
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:31 PM

Hi, my name is Sabrina.  I had the baby blues with my first which cleared up fairly quickly.  After my second was born I had a pretty crappy experience in the hospital and things just kept getting worse until I got to the point that I was terrified to be alone with the baby because I was afraid of hurting him.  This time it hung on for almost an entire year, I had suicidal thoughts frequently.  Well, here I am, just gave birth to my third son on Thursday.  So far so good.  I had a moment last night where I could feel myself starting to get upset but I just did my best to push it aside.  I'm really open about my feelings and talking about my ppd/depression.  

kittymom83
by Group Owner on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:38 PM

Hi Sabrina- thanks for your comment. and thank you for being so honest about your experiences. I hope that if you do get into the same situation that you will seek help. I found my group in my area to be so helpful and supportive.

Thanks for joining my group!good

Kimber8802
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:16 PM

hi im kim Mommy to a 7 year old and a 7 week old... i had PPD with my DD it was bad but not horrible

while I was pregnant with my son I was seriously depressed and knew that if I did not get on meds as soon as he was born it was going to be horrible.. after i had him I had a morning where I was just crying for no reason.. other than it was not a good delivery.... and then I got put on meds of course they did not give me the right dose... it was too low

had an appt with a psychartist on wednesday and they uppped my  meds I am feeling a bit better but I know its PPD and it is no fun esp when nobody around you understands it too well

renae_3
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 5:47 AM

My name is Renae. I have a 6 yr old, 3 yr old, and 3 wk old. I had ppd after my first and refused treatment for a yr, I really regret that so this time around whrn I started having the same feelings I made sure to get help. I'm glad I'm in a group were women know what I go through every day because it's tough and exhausting.

kittymom83
by Group Owner on Jun. 29, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Hi moms, thanks for your comments! I look forward to getting to know each of you. Hang in there, it does get better. And remember that you are not alone. There are a lot of moms out there going through this...feel free to post anything.

Loricsa
by on Jul. 4, 2010 at 1:57 AM

Hello everyone,

I am a mom of 3, a 15 yr old, a 12 yr old and a 6 week old. I never went through anytype of depression or baby blues that I noticed with my first two, But with my most recent one, I have been having some what I would consider to be some serious depression happening. Now I cant really figure out if this is my hormornes and this will all pass or if it really is depression all together. I had a very stressful prgnancy which hasnt helped. I find myself getting upset for the wrong reasons, feeling angry or sad all of the time and not really caring about too much. I feel very alone, and confused because again I never had any problems with the birth of my first two choldren. Maybe I will gain some insight here.

Pleasure meeting everyone and I look forward to chatting!

Lori

kittymom83
by Group Owner on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:46 PM

Hi there,

thanks for your comment. I'm not by any means a professional but from what I've heard through my postpartum support group is that about 80% of moms do get baby blues after baby is born. But if your symptoms are lasting more that a couple of weeks, then it could be a form of Postpartum Mood Disorder. If you think that you might have this get treatment as soon as possible because the sooner you get treatment the sooner you might start feeling better so you can start bonding with baby. The best place to start is going back to your OBGYN or you doctor and they can make some referrals... theres a great website to if you want more info (I really like going to this one) its www.postpartumcouples.com.

-Hope this helps! Take care!

Loricsa
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:24 PM

Thank you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)