Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugently in need of help

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2010 at 4:23 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 380 Total Views

OK so here is what's going on my boyfriend and 11 month old and I are  going to be moving FINALLY into our own place, it is low-income housing os  not  to  much worried about the bills or anything but here is  my thing, altogether we have about 300, that is from taxes my checks and some other things. So with that 300 dollars we need to get things for the house because we basically have nothing for a house because we have been staying with friends and family since our Son was born. The reason we don't have alot of the things is because with this program you never knew when you were getting  in so it could have beena month to 2 years before you got your place, so please no bashing about how come we didnt get things earlier. For a shorter list this is what we have:

3 stands

a small t.v

Our sons crib and everything with it

his toys

our bed

a dresser

2 or  3 plates and  bowls

Kitchen utensils ( spatula and things like that)

croc-pot

silverware

cups

So if you have any tips or websites or anything i could use then please help

by on Apr. 5, 2010 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
audreyannasmom
by New Member on Sep. 27, 2010 at 11:05 AM

thrift stores are awesome, with only a cpl bucks you can get alot. its a great way to get started.

for a while with our first apartment we used a storage tub as a tv stand. do what you gotta do. as long as you have enough to survive you'll be fine.

Mrsgenie
by New Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:35 PM

Dear first  time mom,

you have internet access go here  www.mymarketinggenie.com/thedolans

this is a free!! shopping app that will help  you find lowest prices and best bargins on everything you can imagine. and remember it's free. free to get free to use! from now on. please help yourself to it. I don't think you will be sorry.

RebelRose69
by New Member on Sep. 29, 2010 at 9:12 PM

If you have a yahoo account then you can sign up for freecycle  in your area, there is also http://www.craigslist.org/, http://www.fijiji.com/, there is another one, but I am drawing a blank on that one at the minute.

somuchlaundry
by New Member on Oct. 10, 2010 at 6:40 PM

Of course, there's always yard sales, goodwill,salvation army.  You could have a small, casual housewarming get together and serve sandwiches and sodas.  Using email (no postage or cards to purchase), and in the email request that no one purchase a gift, but if you wish to bring something, bring any extras of anything you have that you no longer use.  Not those exact words, but you get the idea.  People are usually happy you are not inviting them over just to receive a gift, make sure you convey your excitement about your new place in the invite and that you want to share your happiness with all of them. They also like that they are helping you by placing their un-needed items in a good place.  Hope this helps!!  Good luck and congratulations!!  May you and your family be blessed in your new home.  Oh, try to hold on to that 300 bucks!!!  You may get everything you need at your "party"!!   Penny

reux
by on Nov. 9, 2010 at 12:04 PM

In addition to thrift stores, the salvation army etc. (you may also qualify to use a local food bank to help you guys get on your feet).  No bashing from me--sometimes people just need a little help. 

I use swag bucks to earn amazon gift cards (you can buy nearly anything on Amazon--they also have a lot of other things you can get but the Amazon cards seem to be about the best)  You just use their search engine instead of gootle or whatever.  They also have surveys. They also have shop and earn sites and special offers but these seem like a bad idea to me. I stick with the searches. Here's a referral link if you want to check it out: 

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/reux

I also use Amazon's mechanical turk to earn small amounts of cash which you can send directly to your amazon gift card balance: mturk.com (with this site you can also cash out in actual cash).

Good luck with everything.  Sounds like you have a decent amount of stuff to start out with (just slowly build it up as you can).  Take care. -reux.

crzy4luvfrmu18
by New Member on Dec. 28, 2010 at 11:56 PM

Definitely do the thrift store, goodwill, salvation army thing. You can find tons of great stuff there. Especially right after Christmas when people got new stuff and don't want to throw away the old but still good stuff they have. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN