Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Garage sale pricing

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:01 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 277 Total Views
I'm hoping to get rid of a bunch of baby clothes at a garage sale this weekend.  I'm just wondering how to price things so I'm getting the most I can without my stuff sitting there not being sold because it's overpriced.  Any suggestions?

Heather
mama to Khaila
Visit MySpace
Fun stuff to use with Myspace

by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
BekahAnne
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:28 AM

Depends on the condition i would say.. Maybe you can do small brown paper bags.. fill it to the top for 5bks or something?? I would suggest a box with one price on it that way you can easily change the price higher or lower depending on how much your selling! Good luck!

errantmommy
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:26 PM
We buy our clothing at garage sales.  Most items for my daughters were 25 or 50 cents each. 

I don't have any babies, but I found baby items with socks and bibs for 10 cents, tops and bottoms for 25 cents, one piece outfits for 50 cents (and pretty dresses for $1 or $2 each - though I didn't buy any of these).  I bought several items for the next time I send a package to my family back home.

Last week I attended a garage sale that had ladies clothes for $1 per grocery sack full.  In one sack, I put 1 sweater and 6 shirts. 

It helps my family to find garage sales.  These are the prices that I see often.

Anna
ReesesPieces
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:31 PM

When we have our garage sales, I price adult clothing for $1.00 per article, and I price the kids clothes at $1.00 per outfit or 50 cents per article (if it is just a shirt or a pair of pants.   It just depends on you though. You can have $1.00 for everything and that way it stays easy or you can price it lower to get rid of it.  Plus, I never put stickers or tags on the clothes because I just have one big sign over the clothing area that says Adult Clothing $1.00 per article and over the kids clothing.  $1.00 per outfit or 50 cents per article.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)