Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Exercise connected to GPA?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 10:06 AM
  • 6 Replies

Here's some interesting health news for all you with school-age kids:

A study released yesterday reveals that college students who do 20 minutes of vigorous physical activity every day have higher GPAs than those that don't!

Defintiely a good reason to get your kids moving.

Here's a link to the full article - click here.

by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
smurfy88
by Jessica on Jun. 4, 2010 at 3:29 PM

That makes sense because they say exercise helps you think more clearly, and also your brain isn't all foggy from being a couch potato.

missjans
by on Jun. 5, 2010 at 1:42 AM

Thats really interesting, no wonder so many athletes are so smart!

americanpoppy
by on Jun. 16, 2010 at 8:11 AM

well where i come from this is not the case.  most of the kids i know around here who have higher gpa's are the ones who end up partying and playing video games and never studying yet they seem to fly right through school with good grades.  however, the ones who are struggling with grades are always the ones who seem to be more involved in extracurricular activities to include sports and community stuff.  I suppose it is different everywhere though!

DestMasters
by on Jun. 16, 2010 at 8:59 AM

I wonder if this is because of the sports or because of involvment in too many extracurricular activites and the sports. If the partiers and gamers are doing that but still have more study time, it could attribute to their grades as well.  Not that they'll do homework and such happily of course.......... :)

Quoting americanpoppy:

well where i come from this is not the case.  most of the kids i know around here who have higher gpa's are the ones who end up partying and playing video games and never studying yet they seem to fly right through school with good grades.  however, the ones who are struggling with grades are always the ones who seem to be more involved in extracurricular activities to include sports and community stuff.  I suppose it is different everywhere though!

runner-mom
by on Jun. 16, 2010 at 9:22 AM

Well I'm a straight A student and I exercise daily, so I agree with this statement, haha!

Rebeccalynn_dj
by on Jun. 17, 2010 at 4:15 PM

Interesting!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN