Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Hey ladies!!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 5, 2010 at 10:50 AM
  • 12 Replies

Hey ladies!!! I am Katheryne and I was invited to be a mod for this wonderful and soon to be BUSY group!! I am 25, married with 2 tots (2 and 3) and I had the adventure of a lifetime losing 80lbs in 10 months after my son was born in June 08. It made me realize I NEED to be healthy for them!!

It motivated me to become a PT and go back to college for exercise physiology. I already hold a degree in culinary arts and my entire family is vegan! feel free to ask me anything!!

PS - I suffer from very bad anxiety for over 10 years now some I can also be of some help in that arena

XOXO

by on Jun. 5, 2010 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smurfy88
by Jessica on Jun. 5, 2010 at 11:01 AM

Welcome!

I am currently trying trying to lose the last 10 pounds, but they are just not wanting to come off. Do you have any good tips?

BornToRun84
by on Jun. 5, 2010 at 11:06 AM

Quoting smurfy88:

Welcome!

I am currently trying trying to lose the last 10 pounds, but they are just not wanting to come off. Do you have any good tips?

I sure do! Aside from eating clean I would reccomend a spinning class several times a week, it broke me out of my routine and I lost my last 10!!! And congrats onn how far you have alrady come!

smurfy88
by Jessica on Jun. 5, 2010 at 11:10 AM

Thanks, except I don't deserve any of the credit, I lost 30 pounds from beign pregnant, I have no idea how, but then the last 5 came off when I got really sick and I have been stuck here for 2 years now. I just recently got motivated and determined. I am trying to learn how to eat healthy because I have never been a healthy eater. I hate fruits and veggies  and i love taco bell. I ate taco bell last night and felt sick the whole time though, So today I set the goal for no more fast food.

What is a spinning class? I have been doing the ea active personal trainer on my wii, which actually kicks my butt on the medium setting, so i cant wait to work up to the advanced setting. I am also keeping track of my calories on sparkspeople 6 days a week.

Quoting BornToRun84:
I sure do! Aside from eating clean I would reccomend a spinning class several times a week, it broke me out of my routine and I lost my last 10!!! And congrats onn how far you have alrady come!

j2ul1y
by on Jun. 5, 2010 at 11:33 AM

I have a question about spinning classes. I have been dying to do one for a while, but I am soo not in shape. Do I need to be in shape before I can do it?

olgabillman07
by on Jun. 5, 2010 at 12:34 PM

So glad to be a part of this group!! We have been working on becoming a healthy family since January of 2009. I am now working on becoming a vegetarian.. I can't wait to hear more about you and your family Kat. Your my inspiration.

BornToRun84
by on Jun. 5, 2010 at 12:37 PM

Quoting j2ul1y:

I have a question about spinning classes. I have been dying to do one for a while, but I am soo not in shape. Do I need to be in shape before I can do it?

No way! its great because it is all about YOU. YOU pick the level you want to go at. I thought I was going to DIE my first time now I am an addict!!!

BornToRun84
by on Jun. 5, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Quoting olgabillman07:

So glad to be a part of this group!! We have been working on becoming a healthy family since January of 2009. I am now working on becoming a vegetarian.. I can't wait to hear more about you and your family Kat. Your my inspiration.

Hi Olga!!! I am SO happy you joined the group! I am so glad I can help inspire you to live a healthier life! Best thing you can do for your family! Anything you need you know Im here xoxo

BornToRun84
by on Jun. 5, 2010 at 12:47 PM

Quoting smurfy88:

Thanks, except I don't deserve any of the credit, I lost 30 pounds from beign pregnant, I have no idea how, but then the last 5 came off when I got really sick and I have been stuck here for 2 years now. I just recently got motivated and determined. I am trying to learn how to eat healthy because I have never been a healthy eater. I hate fruits and veggies  and i love taco bell. I ate taco bell last night and felt sick the whole time though, So today I set the goal for no more fast food.

What is a spinning class? I have been doing the ea active personal trainer on my wii, which actually kicks my butt on the medium setting, so i cant wait to work up to the advanced setting. I am also keeping track of my calories on sparkspeople 6 days a week.

Quoting BornToRun84:

No no DONT be down on yourself!!! No matter what! You had a baby! Thats great weight loss :D

Starting by removing fast food is a GREAT step. You will feel SO much better you will lose your taste for it. Best way to eat healthy is to cut out processed foods and watch your portions. It is an adjustment but you really can do it.

Spin class is an indoor cycling class that is done in a group in a dark room to loud music, it is VERY motivating and you go at your own pace. I highly suggest it!

smurfy88
by Jessica on Jun. 5, 2010 at 12:53 PM

cycling, like a bike type thing?

What exactly is considered processed food? I hear everyone always saying this but no what it is exactly.

BornToRun84
by on Jun. 5, 2010 at 1:43 PM

Quoting smurfy88:

cycling, like a bike type thing?

What exactly is considered processed food? I hear everyone always saying this but no what it is exactly.

Yup its on a bike :)

Processed foods are things that contain things like white sugar, high fructose corn syrup, partially hydrogenated soybean oil. Any artificial or stuff that isn't "real" food.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)