Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Yoga

Posted by on Jun. 7, 2010 at 12:58 PM
  • 18 Replies

Any other yoga lovers out there?

I started my practice when I was pregnant with my daughter (she is 3) and I LOVE it. I always try to find an hour at the end of the day to practice.

by on Jun. 7, 2010 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smurfy88
by Jessica on Jun. 7, 2010 at 1:24 PM

I haven't done a lot of yoga, but I like to do some of it on my wii fit

BornToRun84
by on Jun. 7, 2010 at 1:56 PM

neat Ive never tried it like that!

smurfy88
by Jessica on Jun. 7, 2010 at 2:11 PM

I would like to try other yoga though, I wnat to tone up my tummy

BornToRun84
by on Jun. 7, 2010 at 2:50 PM

I cant say enough great things about yoga. It helps everything!

RanaAurora
by on Jun. 7, 2010 at 2:56 PM

I miss yoga SO MUCH.  I used to do a 70 minute yoga video every morning as a teenager.  I remember how it was so tough at first and then kept getting easier and easier, and I felt so good.

After my car accident, and with all the weight I gained from PCOS and pregnancies, it makes yoga painful.  But man, I love love love it!

I have a "Yoga for Injuries" DVD I'm trying out that is very nice and gentle.  I also had a "Yoga for Pregnancy" DVD I liked!

BornToRun84
by on Jun. 7, 2010 at 2:59 PM

Quoting RanaAurora:

I miss yoga SO MUCH.  I used to do a 70 minute yoga video every morning as a teenager.  I remember how it was so tough at first and then kept getting easier and easier, and I felt so good.

After my car accident, and with all the weight I gained from PCOS and pregnancies, it makes yoga painful.  But man, I love love love it!

I have a "Yoga for Injuries" DVD I'm trying out that is very nice and gentle.  I also had a "Yoga for Pregnancy" DVD I liked!

Wow that's so tough. I'm sorry, its great though that you are still trying. I have a dvd called "yoga for everybody" that has about 35 routines on it and some of them might be appropriate for you. I don't remember what they all are.

RanaAurora
by on Jun. 7, 2010 at 3:05 PM

It was so beneficial even when I THOUGHT I was in great shape that I know it'll help a lot when I'm way out of shape.  I can't help but want to try!

PosterOfAGirl
by on Jun. 8, 2010 at 12:32 AM

I quit doing yoga when I started going to the gym, and I miss it! I used to do it every day at nap time...  My three year old no longer takes a nap anyways, but still, I COULD find time for it I'm sure!

I loved how easy it was to see progression too Rana. That was one of the biggest reasons I got hooked. I loved to see how I could reach THAT much farther the next time, and bend THAT much further.

olgabillman07
by on Jun. 8, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Honestly, I have tried yoga a few times, but I really just cannot get into it. I do love Pilates though!! I could do it everyday and not get bored.

anklebitr
by on Jun. 8, 2010 at 11:26 PM

Yoga is so nice.  And I am always so hyper so I need that calm once in a while. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN