Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Any other yoga lovers out there?

I started my practice when I was pregnant with my daughter (she is 3) and I LOVE it. I always try to find an hour at the end of the day to practice.

by on Jun. 7, 2010 at 12:58 PM
Replies (11-18):
MythicMMM
by on Jun. 8, 2010 at 11:41 PM

I like doing Yoga. I do it at random times through out the day along with tai chi. I don't break out into random song and dance, I break out into yoga and tai chi. lol.

DestMasters
by on Jun. 9, 2010 at 7:10 AM

I love Yoga. Because I still haven't figured out how to add hours to the day, I'm not able to do a full routine every day but there are specific poses that I make sure I do daily. I also have certain poses that I do if I'm having more pain issues that day or more stress.

I'm a Qigong instructor and work that in daily as well. I think one of the major benefits of both Yoga and Qigong is calming of the mind.  To me, that plays as important of a role in health and well-being as proper diet and active exercise.

thingz123
by on Jun. 9, 2010 at 10:05 AM

I've been doing yoga since 2000. I love it. It gives me the opportunity to work out kinks in my lower back and it's very relaxing. Just doing sun salutations helps a lot-that's what I do if I am pressed for time, and it's a big help. I used to do TaeKwonDo, and yoga was an excellent complement to it, because TKD is rather hard on the joints.

Finding the space and level of quiet to do it can be interesting, since I have to share the workout space with 3 noisy, active boys, but I somehow manage.

KTMOM
by on Jun. 9, 2010 at 12:53 PM

I love yoga.  Have done it on and off for a few years now.  My sister and a close friend are both instructors and I have several friends that enjoy it too.  I have had to taper off a bit due to losing strength from some muscle and nerve issues,  but am going to look for a restorative class so I will still get the benefit of the movement of practice,  sans weight bearing poses I am unable to do right now. 

Christyskids
by on Jun. 9, 2010 at 2:57 PM

I love yoga, I am having a battle with myself right now to find time to do it.  When I do have time to exercise I am hitting the weights or running to get rid of this belly fat.

I really need to get back at it since I'm going to Minneapolis in August to take YogaKids teaching classes.  I'm so excited to teach yoga to kids in our area!

BornToRun84
by on Jun. 9, 2010 at 3:59 PM

Quoting Christyskids:

I love yoga, I am having a battle with myself right now to find time to do it.  When I do have time to exercise I am hitting the weights or running to get rid of this belly fat.

I really need to get back at it since I'm going to Minneapolis in August to take YogaKids teaching classes.  I'm so excited to teach yoga to kids in our area!

That sounds great!!!

cleanaturalady
by on Jun. 9, 2010 at 3:59 PM

Quoting olgabillman07:

Honestly, I have tried yoga a few times, but I really just cannot get into it. I do love Pilates though!! I could do it everyday and not get bored.

Same here.  I have had 2 hip replacements and my range of motion is pretty limited, so the few times I tried to do yoga I was disappointed.  After this last hip replacement, I went to a physical therapist who taught me some pilates exercises and I really liked them.  Strengthening those core muscles goes a long way toward strengthening the whole body.

BornToRun84
by on Jun. 9, 2010 at 4:13 PM

Quoting cleanaturalady:

Quoting olgabillman07:

Honestly, I have tried yoga a few times, but I really just cannot get into it. I do love Pilates though!! I could do it everyday and not get bored.

Same here.  I have had 2 hip replacements and my range of motion is pretty limited, so the few times I tried to do yoga I was disappointed.  After this last hip replacement, I went to a physical therapist who taught me some pilates exercises and I really liked them.  Strengthening those core muscles goes a long way toward strengthening the whole body.

Olga and Kim, I have a great dvd by 10 minute solutions that is pilates with resistance bands. I LOVE it. Oh and Olga the same company makes a good prenatal pilates dvd for you :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN