Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

The absolute worst......

Posted by   + Show Post

I think that most of us here haven't been walking the healthy path forever. I think many are just embarking on the journey and some have been on it awhile but have walked the line of "What was I thinking????" more than once. 

So what was one of your worst decisions that affected, or could have effected, your health?

I'll fess up first.

There was a time where I really didn't care what I ate or what went in to my body. I was stuck on a cycle of eating garbage and then craving it because my body was in such a state.  My husband and I would drive by the Krispy Kreme shop and if the light was lit, we'd pull in and buy a dozen glazed doughnuts.  We'd claim that we were taking them home for the kids to have but of course, we'd open the box of the hot, steamy circles of cardiac arrest in the car and start scarfing them down. 

It gets worse.  We'd drive across the street to Steak and Shake and get LARGE chocolate milkshakes.  You know, because we had to wash down the doughnuts with something, right?

This wasn't a daily thing.  I know we did do this more than once but probably less than 4 times.  We'd go home, have probably four doughnuts left and crash in front of the TV in a daze of sugar and saturated fat.

Okay, hiding my face now.....................

by on Jun. 12, 2010 at 9:14 AM
Replies (11-13):
irishcoffee
by on Jun. 12, 2010 at 9:19 PM

When I was a single mom in college I fed the kids hamburger helper and myself candy bars for a quick energy fix.  Most recently, probably the mini donuts at the Memorial Day parade - the first actually fried food I've eaten in ages.  Blech, but it was good first : )

0Jenna0
by on Jun. 12, 2010 at 10:05 PM

When I was in college I used to live off of frozen pizzas. I would eat at least one but sometimes up to three a day. It was pretty much all I ate.

DestMasters
by on Jun. 12, 2010 at 11:13 PM

I have to admit that I'm chuckling reading these things. Especially things like feeling greasy typing about Checkers (it's like you can feel the grease in the air when you drive by one!), or the fried doughnuts being good at first....the soda, the brickle recipe.  I think even those of us new on the path are off to a great start.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN