Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So what are some really good walking shoes that look decent too?

I want to get a pair, but I don't want to waste my money.

Also have you ever tried the Sketcher shape ups or Rebok easy tones?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:21 AM
Replies (11-14):
smurfy88
by Jessica on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:27 PM

that is a good point too thanks!

Quoting Apark:

Another thing to remember is to replace your shoes regularly if you are running.  Foot support is number one when you run.

samboy
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:21 PM

Thanks for the advice.  I am wanting to start running but am a little frightened.

RanaAurora
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:42 PM

Quoting samboy:

Thanks for the advice.  I am wanting to start running but am a little frightened.

Google search "Couch to 5k"

There's a chart that helps you figure out how to start running, that I found pretty NOT intimidating.

Sadly I discovered running is not in the cards for me, especially anytime soon, but it was working and I enjoyed it while I was able to.

I am a Healthy Moms moderator!

runner-mom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:44 PM

Quoting RanaAurora:

Quoting samboy:

Google search "Couch to 5k"

There's a chart that helps you figure out how to start running, that I found pretty NOT intimidating.

Sadly I discovered running is not in the cards for me, especially anytime soon, but it was working and I enjoyed it while I was able to.

Also, come check out the running moms group here on cafemom (it's in my siggy).  I know, I know, spamming a group, LOL, but seriously we talk running 24/7 and EVERYONE is so so supportive. We have brand new walkers/runners to 100+mile ultra runners, and everyone in between!!

Run Like a MOM!!                 my blog                        join us at dailymile!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)