Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Energy WITHOUT caffeine.

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:30 PM
  • 14 Replies

I am caffeine free.  Summertime in TN kicks my butt.  The heat and humidity literally suck the life out of me to where I am lethargic and sluggish.  I drink plenty of water and eat lots of fruits and veggies and take supplements.  What do you do to gain energy without caffeine?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
runner-mom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:40 PM

awesome! 

I am far, far from caffeine free.  In addition to my mountain dew habit (uggh I know) I like to drink  iced Tzao green tea (unsweetened, go figure).

I really don't drink a TON of caffeine , I'm not one who needs to wake up in the morning and have it (I don't drink coffee), but I do drink it.  Actually helps with my running! And a few of my nutritional supplements for long runs (GU gels, for example) contain caffeine.

DestMasters
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:11 PM

I wish I could help on this one. I still do caffeine in the morning. I have one or two cups of coffee.  I don't really do it later in the day. It will keep me up and make me a little wired.  I do use liquid, sublingual B12 at times.  It helps for a quick boost and a clear mind.

I LOVE your signature. That's Coop isn't it?

smurfy88
by Jessica on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:15 PM

I don't drink caffeine, but I have noticed since I regularly started eating better and working out I have a ton of energy I didn't have 3 weeks ago. My house is spotless, I am going for walks, spending more time with my daughter and I feel great.

But I really dont have any advice because when it gets SUPER hot, I am as lazy as it gets

MythicMMM
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:27 PM

Honey and PB on crackers. We eat honey like crazy around here.

olgabillman07
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:40 PM

I've heard bananas are energy boosters?.. I don't know though because I NEED my one cup of coffee every morning, or I'm pretty much useless.

cleanaturalady
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:30 PM

Quoting DestMasters:

I wish I could help on this one. I still do caffeine in the morning. I have one or two cups of coffee.  I don't really do it later in the day. It will keep me up and make me a little wired.  I do use liquid, sublingual B12 at times.  It helps for a quick boost and a clear mind.

I LOVE your signature. That's Coop isn't it?

I don't have a good idea either.  I like Dest, I have caffeine in the morning.  I am unlike her in that I have caffeine later in the day as well.  The sub-lingual B12 is supposed to be superior to the tabs or caps.  There is also ginkgo biloba that is supposed to keep you mentally alert and ginseng as well.  Or there are combo supplements that are supposed to be energy boosters that are sold at health food stores and such.

wendy46121
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:35 PM

Well, I use caffeine (not gonna lie)  But you B vitamins are supposed to really good with giving energy without caffeine.  

Apark
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:13 PM

B12 works wonders.

RanaAurora
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:16 PM

Sorry... after everything I've ever given up or quit, caffeine isn't one of them, with no intentions to quit.  I <3 it.

Rebeccalynn_dj
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:28 PM

I tried and failed. ;)

Quoting RanaAurora:

Sorry... after everything I've ever given up or quit, caffeine isn't one of them, with no intentions to quit.  I <3 it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)