Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Morning or night

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2010 at 12:50 PM
  • 10 Replies

So do you prefer working out in the morning or at night. I know some people prefer morning because it gives them energy for the day and some prefer night cause it helps them sleep better.

by on Jun. 16, 2010 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
runner-mom
by on Jun. 16, 2010 at 1:41 PM

Morning, which is funny because I HATE WAKING UP!! I am NOT a morning person! I can recount numerous Saturdays when I had to go out for a long run, and I literally don't remember the first 4 miles because I was practically sleep-running!

But seriously, here in SC it's so brutally hot that waking up and getting out the door no later than 5 am is a MUST.  And as a bonus, the kids and DH are still sleeping, so i don't need to worry about anyone's work schedule, who is going to watch the kids, etc.  And the endorphin high carries out for hours...It makes for a much better rest of the day!!

Run Like a MOM!!                 my blog                        join us at dailymile!

smurfy88
by Jessica on Jun. 16, 2010 at 1:55 PM

For me it really depends on my mood. I usually work out at night because that is most convenient for me so my hubby can watch our daughter, but once in a while I will workout early in the morning if I know I won't have a chance to in the evening, like today for example I worked out early because I am spending the night at my nanas so I wont have a chance later. I prefer to workout at night most days anyways because if I workout too early I feel lazy the rest of the day but if I workout at night I feel awesome!

DestMasters
by on Jun. 16, 2010 at 2:15 PM

I can't work out at night. I'm up ALL night if I do. I usually try to get the bulk of my exercise in the morning and then might do a bit of something mid-day for an energy boost.

catholicmamamia
by on Jun. 16, 2010 at 2:19 PM

I like both.. equally! As long as "morning" is based on when I naturally wake up and not something I have to set an alarm for, like an exercise class at eight a.m. when I naturally wake at nine a.m.! 

CHECK OUT WHAT'S NEW IN OUR GROUP 
              FOR ATTACHMENT/NATURAL PARENTING MOMS!

Vegetarianmama
by on Jun. 16, 2010 at 2:33 PM
I love working out at night, makes me sleep harder and get a good rest, thus having more energy the next day!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
puzzled216
by on Jun. 16, 2010 at 7:57 PM

I'd love to work out in the morning but my treadmill is in the room where my dd is sleeping now.if the weather ever stay nice I plan walking around my neighborhood.

olgabillman07
by on Jun. 17, 2010 at 11:19 AM

I would say night because I have more energy. I'm not a morning person even though I have no choice, but to get up 6:30-7am everyday. My son takes daily naps and that is usually when I feel the sluggish and either nap, clean, or relax. Night time is when everything is done. All the running around is done and I am the most awake. Exercise actually helps me sleep better too because it makes me more tired to go to sleep.

anklebitr
by on Jun. 17, 2010 at 4:21 PM

I usually workout in the afternoon.  I've been job hunting though, so when I get my job I might have to start waking up at 6am or so, to get a workout in.  

Bmat
by on Jun. 17, 2010 at 4:41 PM

Morning. Working out is not my favorite thing, so I do it as early as I can, then I get my shower and I'm ready for the day.

Nykyria
by on Jun. 17, 2010 at 4:52 PM

I can't seem to get motivated for either, that is my issue.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN