Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Pet Peeves...

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2010 at 5:17 PM
  • 17 Replies

My pet peeve:

Folks who are able to put up Christmas lights but are not able to take them down in the middle of July?! They also have bushes of weeds not taken care of. I would like our home value to remain! Should I offer to take down the lights and pull their weeds for them?!  BTW, I have seen the folks who live there and they are perfectly able.

What's your pet peeve?

by on Jun. 25, 2010 at 5:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sjc0858
by on Jun. 25, 2010 at 5:32 PM

Sorry, just realized this is not really health related.

SanDiegoMaxMom
by on Jun. 25, 2010 at 6:02 PM

It's obviously adding to your stress, so in a way , it is health related...haha.

This is touchy since I don't know these neighbors and have no clue as to how they would react.  If you're up for it,  just do the weeding when you know they won't be home.  You could leave a note if you think they'd want to know. 

When they thank you for the yard, they'll probably ask if there's anything you can do....smile sweetly and let them know that taking down the lights would be nice.

Or you could ask them if they're having a Christmas in July party.  Joking about the lights will get your point across....who knows if they'll act, though.

GOOD LUCK!!!

mama-ellie
by on Jun. 25, 2010 at 7:07 PM

I guess you'd hate me then cause I have weeds in my garden and my christmas lights are still up.

sjc0858
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:32 AM

Wouldn't hate you but yes, it would drive me NUTS!     I just don't get it...

@ San Diego mom, LOL!  I wish I had the guts to go pull them up... Plus they are so over grown, I think I would have to spray them first. (sigh) Will give it some time. The county usually keeps on top of that stuff. I keep hoping they will get to them eventually. As far as the lights, only a few more months til Christmas comes around again.....might as well leave em up at this point.

angchick
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:43 AM

It bothers me if the toilet paper is on wrong, and by that I mean it has to roll OVER, no question about it. If it is not over it is not right to me lol

smurfy88
by Jessica on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:54 PM

this most definitely!

Quoting angchick:

It bothers me if the toilet paper is on wrong, and by that I mean it has to roll OVER, no question about it. If it is not over it is not right to me lol

sjc0858
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:02 PM

Too funny!~ I don't mind the TP, I just wish a certain someone would change it when he is the one it runs out on:)

runner-mom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:21 PM

haha, oddly enough, people obsessed with lawn care, lol!  We own our home, but lead very busy lives and lawn care is the least of my worries.  We mow weekly, but weeds and bushes...yeah not so much. I live on a cul-de-sac and all 3 neighbors are OBSESSED. I swear they mow everyday, and give us the dirtiest looks ever.  It's sooooo silly!

that said, I do not have any Christmas lights on my house :)

Run Like a MOM!!                 my blog                        join us at dailymile!

sjc0858
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Quoting runner-mom:

haha, oddly enough, people obsessed with lawn care, lol!  We own our home, but lead very busy lives and lawn care is the least of my worries.  We mow weekly, but weeds and bushes...yeah not so much. I live on a cul-de-sac and all 3 neighbors are OBSESSED. I swear they mow everyday, and give us the dirtiest looks ever.  It's sooooo silly!

The Christmas lights DEF irritate me WAY more than the weed thing.

Regarding their weeds: They don't even have a lawn. I live in El Paso where lawns are rare. It would be much better if they did have a lawn, imo but they have a rock lawn with crazy overgrown weed bushes overtaking the yard. I'm sorry but it is not that hard to yank up a weed or spray something on them. I have seen old folks in my parents' neighborhood who are constantly obsessing over their lawns. I mean getting down on hands and knees with scissors. That is just ridiculous. But allowing your yard to get to a point where it actually looks abandoned is also ridiculous.

runner-mom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:27 PM

Quoting sjc0858:

Quoting runner-mom:

The Christmas lights DEF irritate me WAY more than the weed thing.

Regarding their weeds: They don't even have a lawn. I live in El Paso where lawns are rare. It would be much better if they did have a lawn, imo but they have a rock lawn with crazy overgrown weed bushes overtaking the yard. I'm sorry but it is not that hard to yank up a weed or spray something on them. I have seen old folks in my parents' neighborhood who are constantly obsessing over their lawns. I mean getting down on hands and knees with scissors. That is just ridiculous. But allowing your yard to get to a point where it actually looks abandoned is also ridiculous.

yeah the latter is my neighborhood! Then again, I live in a town known for golfing and retirees...so you can imagine what it's like!   my one neighbor uses the headlight on his lawnmower and will be out there at 10:00 pm, it's craaazy!
mowing the lawn

Run Like a MOM!!                 my blog                        join us at dailymile!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN