Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Feet help

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:24 PM
  • 14 Replies

I have EXTREMELY dry feet.  I have tried everything to get rid of it.....I even have one of those ped eggs and nothing seems to work.  Does anyone have any suggestions.  It's really embarrassing to wear flip flops in the summer.simple frown

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SanDiegoMaxMom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:01 PM

Get a very heavy cream like Eucerin in the tub, put several layers on before bed, put on socks.  This generally helps.

Really dry feet also happen to be one of the symptoms of a poorly functioning liver or gallbladder.  Maybe you can try a cleanse.

4kidz916
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:05 PM

This is something I like to do at home.  It really softens my feet and it's easy and inexpensive. 

Foot Spa Recipe
Treat your feet to a soak in this milk and water mixture and follow it with the sugar scrub for incredibly soft feet.
Ingredients
7 Cups of Water
2 Cups of Milk
½ Cup Sugar
2 Tablespoons Lotion

Directions
Mix the water and milk and heat on stovetop or in the microwave. You want the mixture to be as hot as your feet
can take. Mix the sugar and lotion in a separate bowl.
Put the milk mixture in large bowl and soak your feet in it for at least 10 minutes. Massage the sugar and lotion
mixture in your feet to exfoliate. Rinse with clear water and pat dry. Apply some additional lotion to your soft feet.

ashleamaye
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:19 PM

Put some vaseline in your sock drawer and make it a habit when you put on socks to massage on the vaseline before hand. And since it is summer I doubt you're wearing many socks but if you're walking around the house barefoot go put on some vaseline and slip on some socks. When you go to bed do the same. You should notice a big difference if you do this twice a day for a week!! When I get out of the tub I either put vaseline or baby oil all over my feat (not too thick though .. especially if you are about to go somewhere) then I continue to get ready for the day such as blow dry/straighten my hair, put on makeup, get dressed, and eat ... then right before I leave I slip the socks off and slip on my heals or sandals!

smurfy88
by Jessica on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Put aquaphor and socks on right before bed

toobigfrogs
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:27 AM

pure shea butter will clear it up in no time!

LeslieFaye
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:47 PM

http://www.hazelaid.com/C_Products_Hazel-Zinc.html

try this

RanaAurora
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:54 PM

Bag balm.  Coat your feet in a thick layer of it and put socks on.  It's more effective than anything else mentioned here, actually. 

irishcoffee
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:29 PM

Udder Cream is good, and make sure you're wearing socks that breathe.

Kimra
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:01 PM

i love all the suggestions posted. also, drink a lot more water, water helps keep your skin hydrated...i'd do this in addition to some of these other suggestions

DestMasters
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Yes, the bag balm or udder cream or a good non-petroleum jelly.  Socks are great and, as irishcoffee said, make sure they breathe. If not you may end up with athlete's foot.

Also, keep a foot pumice in the shower and when you're about to get out (which will give your feet plenty of time to "soak", give your heels and feet a good scrub. I do this every day. I'm barefoot a LOT and in Florida where feet can get super gnarly by being barefoot and exposed all the time.

These socks, while pricey, are really good. I used them before and you only keep them on about 20-30 minutes. Used with the sock salve, it really does great things. Having said that, I'm not sure what's in either as when I used them, I wasn't reading labels on things I put on my body the way I am now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN