Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

What Makes You HAPPY?

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 11:38 PM
  • 15 Replies

Hey There Mommas,

I am feeling very blue these past couple of days, wondering and fixating on what I consider happiness. It seems like I can come up with a decent list of things in my life that are positive and meaningful, but yet at the end of the day I still stress, mope, and cry myself to sleep sometimes. I guess I just need some words of motivation and inspiration. I love my Husband and my baby so very much, they are my world, they don't deserve to have me walking around on the verge of tears all day. I don't know if it is possibly post-partum depression or guilt or disatisfaction or just plain selfishness. I just need to get out of this slump and see the beauty in each and every day....Any suggestions or words of encouragement?

by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smurfy88
by Jessica on Jun. 29, 2010 at 12:03 AM

I am sure we have all been there, but you should talk to your doctor to make sure you dont need medication to help

sjc0858
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 12:06 AM

I think everyone goes thru those times. I know I do more than most because of my personality. I know the only thing that helps me is my relationship with the Lord. He is the only one I can have joy through. I love my daughter and husband more than I can express but life is incredibly sticky and my family sometimes adds to that. The pressures/stresses of being all I can be as a mother, wife REALLY can get to me sometimes. I tend to be a perfectionist in everything I do. If I can't do it perfectly I tend to shy away from it, so needless to say that can take affect in daily life..  SO, I rely on the only one who can help me:)  I will pray for you tonight!

Proverbs 3:13 says that true happiness is found through knowing God's Word, "Blessed is the man who finds wisdom, the man who gains understanding."

MyLittleMan2010
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 10:43 AM

Quoting sjc0858:

I think everyone goes thru those times. I know I do more than most because of my personality. I know the only thing that helps me is my relationship with the Lord. He is the only one I can have joy through. I love my daughter and husband more than I can express but life is incredibly sticky and my family sometimes adds to that. The pressures/stresses of being all I can be as a mother, wife REALLY can get to me sometimes. I tend to be a perfectionist in everything I do. If I can't do it perfectly I tend to shy away from it, so needless to say that can take affect in daily life..  SO, I rely on the only one who can help me:)  I will pray for you tonight!

Proverbs 3:13 says that true happiness is found through knowing God's Word, "Blessed is the man who finds wisdom, the man who gains understanding."

Wow you don't know how much i neede these words. Thank you s very much. <3

MyLittleMan2010
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 10:44 AM

Quoting smurfy88:

I am sure we have all been there, but you should talk to your doctor to make sure you dont need medication to help

Thank You  for letting me know i'm not the only one :)

MyLittleMan2010
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 10:45 AM

Quoting Nature_girl:

I remember crying for what it seemed 3 weeks straight. If you don't already, start exercising, just a walk for a few miles in the sun. Both the exercise and the sun will help a bit. Give it a little time. Don't be afraid to tell your doctor what is happening. Take care of yourself. Big hugs

Great Suggestion. I could use a little boost like that :)

zoolady12
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 2:10 PM

Sounds like post-partum depression to me. See your ob-gyn asap. This is a very serious problem that many women suffer from. Please don't wait. There is some great medications your doctor can prescribe that will get you feeling much better in no time.

smurfy88
by Jessica on Jun. 29, 2010 at 3:06 PM

You are definitely not the only one, I have battled depression since my teen years and should probably be on medication now but I dont want to cause i get migraines on medications, things will get better!

Quoting MyLittleMan2010:

Quoting smurfy88:

Thank You  for letting me know i'm not the only one :)

island_rose
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 4:18 PM

Quoting sjc0858:

this is very true......you will only find happiness with the Great Creator. Let me share to you this gospel song that really helped me a lot when that kind of feeling happened to me...hope this will help you too......

minneapolismama
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 6:25 PM

sounds like baby blues or maybe ppd. i would talk to your doctor. a suggestion is to make sure you keep your blood sugar stable- eat a snack every 2 hours. get outside a bit- sun, fresh air and exercise can really help. 

SandiElder
by on Jun. 30, 2010 at 8:57 AM

I just watched a 6 hour long documentary series on happiness.  It said that the number one thing that make people happy is being able to spend time with those you care about.  So make sure you cut out enough time doing things with your family.  Also, cutting out junk food and getting exercise has done wonders for me!  Now, evertime I eat poorly and slack on exercise for a few days, all those feelings of depression and sadness come back.  I had no idea how badly these things were affecting me until I changed my life style.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN