Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Loving coconut oil!

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 1:55 AM
  • 21 Replies

So I just got some virgin coconut oil today at the grocery store and I love it!  I opened it up and it just smelled so good.  I had my dh rub a little onto my feet...so nice.  Then a little on my back and shoulders.  My skin felt so soft....I took a shower though-didn't want to be greasy :)  But when I was in the shower the warmth of the water made it smell/feel even better!  I love this stuff!  I am going to read up some more for other ways to use it.  Oh and btw, the reason why I bought it was because of all the wonderful things many of you ladies wrote about it on another post so...thank you for sharing!

by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 1:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smurfy88
by Jessica on Jun. 29, 2010 at 3:04 AM

I bought some too cause of all the good reviews on it in this group

ziff130
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 7:15 AM

I use it instead of hair gel. I have curly hair and have to have something on it or it goes all frizzy. I also use it in cooking and it's great for making oils from herbal oils and creams. :)

nptuombudsman
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 9:17 AM

Makes great popcorn too!

It has a really high smoke point (less free radicals in the body) so it is great for sauteeing veggies! It smells SO good when cooking!

LeslieFaye
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 9:28 AM

It really soaks in quite quickly.  It does not leave skin feeling greasy.  It is all that I use on my skin.  I also use it on my hair when it is feeling dry.   I use it for baking and cooking. 

baby

KelleyP77
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 3:25 PM

I'm glad you got some. I understand about not wanting to be oily, but if you put it on at night, by morning it's completely absorbed and your skin will feel amazing. I quit using my night-time face cream and started using only coconut oil. It has cleared up an acne problem that I was starting to develop.

RanaAurora
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 3:27 PM

Within less than 20 minutes, I don't feel oily at all.  I've been using it on my son and my skin to help with our super-dryness (keratosis pilaris - where you get the red dots) and it even healed my daughter's diaper rash.

sjc0858
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 3:32 PM

I LOVE it too!  I use it to fry my eggs in, put it on toast and will use it to make cakes as well. I also like to add some into my daughters bath.

RanaAurora
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 3:36 PM
I was reading recently that you can add it to frozen fruit smoothies and it gives it the fatty texture/taste of ice cream without as many calories (or the dairy).
Ta.Lyn.Ma
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 3:59 PM

I've never used it on me [yet!], but I love using it to cook with & have been known to eat spoonfulls right out of the jar. :)

:flipped:hs :coffee: :treehugger
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll281/kitschyhippie/Graphics/Profiles%20-%20Icons/family-1.jpg?t=1262475310

calebmama
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 6:09 PM

Coconut oil is the only thing we can use on my sons skin. Plus it is a killer diaper rash cream!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN