Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

ideas for meals that are healthy and meatless??

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm trying to get more easy  make recipes that are also kind of quick and yummy(healthy) for the whole family, but i can't find many new ones and i was wondering if any of you had any that could share with me? I'm vegetarian that eats fish mainly salmon and my kids are a little picky. One likes thier food nearly plain the other prefers gourmet, seasonings etc. My kids do like chicken though any tips?

by on Jul. 4, 2010 at 1:54 PM
Replies (11-11):
DestMasters
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 2:20 PM

I am so coming to your house for this.

I need to do a Cafe Mom tour, just to eat.

Quoting minneapolismama:

pasta salad is big for me in summer. i use tri colored rotini or cavatappi pasta  and add broccoli, cauliflower (i blanch them). cucumber, zucchini, tomato, black olives and red or yellow peppers. add your favorite dressing or make one- i really like seeds of change organic tuscan herb dressing on it! it feeds us for days lol. you can add diced chicken, cheese, etc to your liking. 

also asian noodles: i use whole wheat spaghetti, thinly sliced cabbage, shredded carrot, bean sprouts, snap peas and make a dressing. tahini or peanut butter, hot water, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce (or crushed red pepper and garlic), and a bit of ginger. also good for summer and makes a lot.

homemade pizza! crust is so easy to make and then everyone can pick what they want on it.

quesadillas: whole wheat tortillas, cheese, and whatever else. i like beans or shredded carrot, zucchini, onion and bell pepper sauteed in a little olive oil with cumin, garlic, chili powder and salt. serve with salsa and guacamole or sour cream. 

lentils or beans and rice. i have a great recipe for honey baked lentils- i found it on recipezaar.com you can search for it there. 

tuna melts or sandwiches

roasted veggies or grilled veggies. you can eat them as a meal, side or put them on a good bread with cheese and make a panini...

~Destiny

Listen to your body. It will tell you all you need to know.
Healthy Moms Moderator - Come join us!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN