Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Need Help with Some Research

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2010 at 1:57 PM
  • 14 Replies

I am working on a book, and I need some info. I was hoping you ladies could help me out.

How long can a person go without food or drink?

How long can a person sit in their own filth before rashes start to form?

And the others I can't ask because they are most likely TMI for this group.

by on Jul. 4, 2010 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
akgraff
by on Jul. 4, 2010 at 1:58 PM

...what kind of book are you writing??

smurfy88
by Jessica on Jul. 4, 2010 at 2:09 PM

I have no idea... try google?

DestMasters
by on Jul. 4, 2010 at 2:09 PM

Google says:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=0&oq=how+long+can+a+&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLL_enUS311US311&q=how+long+can+a+human+survive+without+food

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1T4GGLL_enUS311US311&q=how+long+can+a+human+survive+without+water&aq=f&aqi=g2&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

As for the rashes, who knows. I would think it would vary depending on the condition of the skin, the type of "filth" and things of that nature. Something Google might help with also. LOL

runner-mom
by on Jul. 4, 2010 at 3:04 PM

Quoting akgraff:

...what kind of book are you writing??

ditto!

I think google is your best bet, but really it depends on so many variables.  Are you in motion, therefore expending energy or are you sitting still?  What's the temperature or atmosphere of where you are without water and food?  Do you have sensitive skin? etc.

Run Like a MOM!!                 my blog                        join us at dailymile!

PhoenixFire
by on Jul. 4, 2010 at 6:27 PM

For the scene I need the info for, the main character is tied naked to a bed. She has been left there by her attacker. The room is kept around 72 degrees farenheit. And no one is showing up for at least a day and a half. I tried to find a CSI type group on here, but there aren't any. Because some of the other questions I have are WAY more technical than that. And google has not been my friend for those.

ziff130
by on Jul. 4, 2010 at 8:25 PM

Diaper rashes can form pretty quickly, after only a couple of hours. I used to work with paralyed dogs and if we didn't clean them thoroughly or if the owner hadn't been cleaning them then they could get pretty bad rashes w/in 24 hrs. Some just got little bumps and some got large raised rashes. Those are the only experiences that I have though. Good luck. =D

twkltoz
by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 2:27 PM

Basic info for survival folks is 3 days no water, 3 weeks no food, and 3 hrs no shelter.

PhoenixFire
by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 6:08 PM

Quoting ziff130:

Diaper rashes can form pretty quickly, after only a couple of hours. I used to work with paralyed dogs and if we didn't clean them thoroughly or if the owner hadn't been cleaning them then they could get pretty bad rashes w/in 24 hrs. Some just got little bumps and some got large raised rashes. Those are the only experiences that I have though. Good luck. =D

Okay, wow, how many groups are we actually in together?

ziff130
by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 9:06 PM

LOL!! A lot apparently. :)

Quoting PhoenixFire:

Quoting ziff130:

Okay, wow, how many groups are we actually in together?

Vixiel
by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 10:58 PM

what? 3 hrs no shelter?

Quoting twkltoz:

Basic info for survival folks is 3 days no water, 3 weeks no food, and 3 hrs no shelter.

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN