Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Which Foods Do you Buy

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 11:58 PM
  • 20 Replies

Which Foods do you buy Organic?

Stay at Home Moms Connect! http://www.cafemom.com/group/110548

by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SanDiegoMaxMom
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 12:02 AM

I do NOT buy milk....organic milk is overly processed, so I stick with rbst free, local milk.

I grow a lot of food and I tend to buy more local that organic. 

SexyAngelBaby
Night out with the DH and only 4 hours of sleep... I am exhausted and want to sleep but can't until tonight but at least I am not as miserable as DH is LOL....
Sunday at 4:01 PM
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 12:06 AM
I don't buy any organic food at all
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
omima
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 12:09 AM

i dont buy organic....i simply cannot afford it....i buy as natural as possible.

Lynette
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 12:17 AM

I buy as much organic as I can.  celery & apples must be organic and we go from there. 

smurfy88
by Jessica on Jul. 6, 2010 at 12:24 AM

um i dont got outta my way to buy it, if its on sale and cheaper than not organic then i buy it otherwise i dont

1AnGeLa86
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 12:26 AM

I dont buy organic food either, but thinking on giving it a try one of these days. But a friend of mine only buys organic eggs.

meglennox
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 12:34 AM

this is true for me too

Quoting smurfy88:

um i dont got outta my way to buy it, if its on sale and cheaper than not organic then i buy it otherwise i dont

DestMasters
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 7:23 AM

Berries for sure. They're sponges...very porus so it's impossible to wash off the pesticides and herbicides. If they're overpriced, we do without.

Organic bananas as well because we can get them for the same price as conventional bananas.

Baby spinach is always organic. We eat a lot of it mixed in with whatever we cook plus a lot of spinach salads.

I buy organic milk even though there's very little nutritional value left to it. Only my son drinks it really. I have a source for raw milk sometimes and will get that but not often.

I'm hoping to start a garden at some point, maybe next year. Our soil is horrid and we've never been able to grow anything in our yard so we're going to start prepping things for an elevated garden but it's going to take time.

ziff130
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 8:05 AM

I used to buy apples and tomatoes organic but we're living off one income again and just can't afford it so none. I do buy almond milk though.

LeslieFaye
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 8:15 AM

everything I can find

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)