Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Grilled peaches and other fruit

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 9:05 AM
  • 5 Replies

I didn't want to hijack the thread I mentioned this on. 

Peaches (and other stone fruit) and pineapple are really, really good grilled.  The sweetness of the fruit just pops and it adds a different dimension of flavor.  For the peaches, we just cut them in half, removed the pit, and grilled them for a minute on each side.  I drizzled the cut side with honey and we ate them with ice cream. Not the healthiest way to have them (the ice cream part, anyway), but they were really good.  Other times I've hit them with a little granola (or toasted rolled oats with cinnamon) and ate them like a peach crisp.

A local veggie store has an awesome sale going - 25 pounds of peaches for $24.  We thought hard about it, but know we don't have the freezer space at the moment.

Sherrie

by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
DestMasters
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 9:37 AM

YUM! I swear I'm coming to your house for dinner one of these days. I'll warn you ahead of time. At least when I'm down the road.

ziff130
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 2:36 PM

oooh!! I'm going to get a 5 gallon bucket of peaches for $6 soon and I'm DEFINITELY going to try that. Oh man... it sounds good. :)

smurfy88
by Jessica on Jul. 6, 2010 at 4:39 PM

hm, i have never heard of that

sherriet
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 5:07 PM

Some recipes and videos -

Grilled fruit salad from Food Network

Healthy Eats Blog

Dest doll, come on over.  Just be prepared for doggie kisses, somewhat antisocial kids,  and a hubby who thinks he's a comedian.

irishcoffee
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 6:17 PM

baked pear recipes here, will have to look

Pear, crumbled ginger snaps & nuts, I think that's it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)