Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

I took your advice and...

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 10:55 AM
  • 8 Replies

It went over very well, actually!

*I made my own chicken nuggets at home. They were a great success.

*I switched the meat in all of our mexi-styled meals to chicken and offered less than half as much cheese. No one noticed, so that's as good as rave reviews.

*I grabbed a whole bunch of fresh veggies and fruits (courtesy of my mom, lol) and left them in the refrigerator, ready to go. On day 4 they are disappearing fast and no one has touched the potato chips that Hubster insisted he needed to buy.

*I found a neat trick to fry chicken using no butter, no oil, nothing at all. It worked well and tasted great.

All in all, I'm happy at the small changes and my family is oblivious. That's good news!!

by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
olgabillman07
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 11:09 AM

Great first step! That's exactly what I did in January 0f 2009 when I started changing my life around.

Also, ground turkey is a great replacer for any ground beef dishes. You can also bake your chicken nuggets.

alyandalsmom
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 11:27 AM

Great start! Sounds like your on the right track!

DestMasters
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Em this is GREAT! I'm super excited for you. Way to go! :)

smurfy88
by Jessica on Jul. 6, 2010 at 12:58 PM

That is awesome!

ziff130
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 2:34 PM

YAY!! I'm glad it's going so well. Congrats!! :)

irishcoffee
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 6:23 PM

Very impressive, you are!  Yay for making all those changes so quickly, awesome stuff!

bcdevany
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 8:12 AM

Very nice!! I am really happy for you and your family! I love it when the fruits go faster than the crap :). 

I am always looking for new ways to cook so I have to ask: How'd you make the fried chicken? 

emhain
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 8:22 AM

It wasn't exactly fried chicken, it was the chicken for the fajitas I made. I chopped up the peppers and onions and froze them. Then, when i was ready to cook, I dumped the frozen peppers in with the chicken. The ice and frozen moisture was enough to keep the chicken from sticking. It was an accidental discovery :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)