Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! I am the opposite of HEALTHY!

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 9:23 PM
  • 13 Replies

You mean there may be hope for me yet? TeeHee! Well, embarrassed to share this, but...I am the PosterChild for "Non-Healthy"! My daily routine...

Rush to the coffeepot for up to 4 MUGS of coffee/caffeinated.

GERD - so take my Rx for that.

Depressed - Have Rx for that.

Headache? - Take Ibuprofen.

Eat? - Not hungry yet.

Have adult ADD - Take Rx for that...Need I go on? Nowhere near overweight, yet soooooo out-of-shape!

OH!!! And I smoke, stressed from just filing for divorce from abusive husb (thankfully not phys abuse, yet) --- and, i enjoy the occasional beverage!  ***Who wants to "FIX" me?  HELP!

tink

by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
olgabillman07
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 9:38 PM

What do you eat?

ziff130
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 9:38 PM

I think I'd just start w/ one thing at a time....Personall, I'd start with the "Eat? - Not hungry yet" one. Only, I'd focus on eating a bunch of healthy foods as this may also help with some of the others. I'd also cut back on the coffee and the cigarettes. Just don't do too much at a time or you won't be able to stick with it. I have adult ADD as well and I don't take meds but like I said, start with just a few things at a time. :) When you're ready for that, we'll talk. ;)

Keep a journal on everything you put in your body -- food, drink, smoke... whatever. Write down what it was and what time so you can see what's going in and then analyze that.

Welcome and Good luck!

DestMasters
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 10:29 PM

This is great advice so I'll parrot it. One thing at a time. It's one of those things that it's only going ot get better if you want it to. :)

Quoting ziff130:

I think I'd just start w/ one thing at a time....Personall, I'd start with the "Eat? - Not hungry yet" one. Only, I'd focus on eating a bunch of healthy foods as this may also help with some of the others. I'd also cut back on the coffee and the cigarettes. Just don't do too much at a time or you won't be able to stick with it. I have adult ADD as well and I don't take meds but like I said, start with just a few things at a time. :) When you're ready for that, we'll talk. ;)

Keep a journal on everything you put in your body -- food, drink, smoke... whatever. Write down what it was and what time so you can see what's going in and then analyze that.

Welcome and Good luck!

~Destiny

Listen to your body. It will tell you all you need to know.
Healthy Moms Moderator - Come join us!

jdtink
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 11:33 PM

At the bottom, yours states "listen to your body. it tells you..." Well, now I know what all that yelling I hear all day is!...LOL, BUT NOT REALLY! Thanks!!!!!

Quoting DestMasters:

This is great advice so I'll parrot it. One thing at a time. It's one of those things that it's only going ot get better if you want it to. :)

Quoting ziff130:

Welcome and Good luck!

tink

Momforhealth
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 11:37 PM

LOL

jdtink
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Okay, u got me here, too!!! Except for the ACTIVIA CHALLENGE - which I am on my 3rd round of faithfuly trying - I love my cheeses, meats (mostly chicken n turkey), dressings - hate low/nonfat, sweets, butter, ICECREAM - yet frozen yo okay...on n on...

Here's the "funny" thing...if you saw me on the street, u would NEVER look at me as these vices exist for me! I look more than decent, dress and carry myself well, etc. Yet, I am this "podperson" with disintegrating/alien insides --- ewwww, gross-sounding!

Quoting olgabillman07:

What do you eat?

tink

jdtink
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 11:49 PM

Thank you and I agree to starting slowly. I can certainly lower coffee at least one mug and try to eat at least a yourt and or half bagel before lunchtime hits!

Quoting ziff130:

Welcome and Good luck!

tink

Momforhealth
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 12:31 AM

Drinking lots of water is also a great start.  It makes you feel better and makes your skin glow.

Pern
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 1:19 AM

Eliminating smoking adds years to your life. I believe you will surely be healthier.  With that said, I realize stopping may be a little hard, but I am pulling for you. Good luck to you.

bcdevany
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 8:02 AM

I also have adult ADD, which I am medicated for. I just don't function as well without it. I quit smoking almost 5 years ago (I started when I was 13 and by 15 I was up to a pack a day). To quit, I found a forum called quitnet.com. I don't know if it's still there, but I sat on the forum for an entire month. I didn't do anything else. After that month, I was done. It wasn't easy, but so worth it. Especially now when I see the cost of one pack!! 

Coffee is a major for me. I drink it in the morning, in the afternoon, when I am stressed out. But then, caffeine has similar effects to the ADD meds. :) Try drinking a big glass of water BEFORE any coffee in the morning. It may just help you feel a little bit better. 

You are going through a lot. Take it slow. The last thing you want to do is crash and burn. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)