Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Help! I am the opposite of HEALTHY!

Posted by   + Show Post

You mean there may be hope for me yet? TeeHee! Well, embarrassed to share this, but...I am the PosterChild for "Non-Healthy"! My daily routine...

Rush to the coffeepot for up to 4 MUGS of coffee/caffeinated.

GERD - so take my Rx for that.

Depressed - Have Rx for that.

Headache? - Take Ibuprofen.

Eat? - Not hungry yet.

Have adult ADD - Take Rx for that...Need I go on? Nowhere near overweight, yet soooooo out-of-shape!

OH!!! And I smoke, stressed from just filing for divorce from abusive husb (thankfully not phys abuse, yet) --- and, i enjoy the occasional beverage!  ***Who wants to "FIX" me?  HELP!

tink

by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 9:23 PM
Replies (11-13):
minneapolismama
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 9:31 AM

drink water. don't drink sodas. eat breakfast! very important to eat in the morning, try fresh fruit and yogurt or granola if you don't want something hot or that you have to cook. go ahead and eat that meat and cheese, just add some veggies along with it. the smoking should go now. make sure you get enough sleep. those things alone should make a HUGE difference in your health! YOU CAN DO IT :) 

smurfy88
by Jessica on Jul. 7, 2010 at 1:45 PM

BUMP!

sarfam4
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 2:18 PM

For me when I was getting overweight and needed to get healthy, I subscribed to two magazines.  I started reading Oxygen Magazine. This helped me start a work out routine.  Lots and Lots of good things you can do both in a gym and at home.  I also subscribed to a magazine for "Clean Eating". I am a big coffee drinker too and had to slowly ween myself off of coffee by getting a smaller travel mug and only filing it up once before I left the house.  Eventually, I got to the point where I did not even drink more than a couple of sips of it (I get migraine's when I don't ween myself off caffeine). (not so much now-drinking coffee again).  But, I try shop the outer edges of the grocery store and not too much down the isles.  That is the first tip I learned to trying to eat healthier.  Green tea is also a good substitute to coffee has great health benefits too.  

Oh, and eat at least 5 times a day.  Breakfast, Snack mid morning, Lunch, Snack mid afternoon, Dinner and that is it 'til the next day.  Pick fresh veggies and fruit for your snack.  I usually have a handful of raw almonds and an activia yogurt for my morning snack.

Jillian Michaels Master your Metabolism is also a really good book with lots of great information.  Good Luck to you and keep us all posted on your progress.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)