Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

What did you eat for breakfast?

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2010 at 7:04 AM
  • 54 Replies

This used to be my favorite meal of the day b/c I LOVE muffins and pastries and waffles and french toast and homemade cinnamon rolls.... etc. However, these are not the most healthy. Lately I've been eating oatmeal in almond milk w/ fruit. Well, I'm getting very bored w/ it so I want to know what you had for breakfast so maybe I can get some other ideas of things we can eat around here to make breakfast a little exciting again. :)

by on Jul. 9, 2010 at 7:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
minneapolismama
by on Jul. 9, 2010 at 9:12 AM

today i had kashi go lean crunch, the honey almond flax kind with banana, strawberries, blueberries and coconut milk (so delicious original). 

everyday i either have kashi cereal (honey sunshine, heart to heart, good friends, or go lean crunch) with coconut or almond milk and fruit OR

oatmeal with cinnamon, maple syrup (or dates), berries and flax (or chia seed)

ww english muffin with peanut butter and banana or egg and cheese 

i dont think i have eaten something other than those in a couple years lol. once in awhile i will have a lara bar in a hurry or cold leftover pizza lol, but that is soo rare. 

minneapolismama
by on Jul. 9, 2010 at 9:12 AM

oh, or i have muesli- i posted the recipe on here under recipes. 

Hurley03
by on Jul. 9, 2010 at 9:42 AM

I rotate between, An egg and whole wheat toast with butter, a bowel of cereal, or non-fat plain yogurt. sundays i usualy allow myslef to have four small oatmeal pancakes with jam on top. i also usually have a glass of milk and water with breakfast as well.

sjc0858
by on Jul. 9, 2010 at 11:46 AM

1 slice of ezekial bread toasted with 2 tsp crunchy natural peanut butter and a little honey (didn't have a banana or i would have sliced that on top of it as well)

& 1/4 cup plain yogurt with a lil' oats, organic flaxseed, rasberries & blackberries. i sprinkled a tad of sugar in it as the berries are a bit tart and the yogurt has no sugar in it.

smurfy88
by Jessica on Jul. 9, 2010 at 12:05 PM

I normally eat fiber one cereal or oatmeal but today I am eating pancakes

Mittenmom
by on Jul. 9, 2010 at 1:22 PM

A blueberry/raspberry/strawberry smoothie with blueberry flaxseed, coconut oil, yogurt and a milk :) 

AmandaC79
by on Jul. 9, 2010 at 3:03 PM

I am a huge fan of breakfast sandwiches so I do high fiber whole grain toast, spread on one low fat french onion Laughing Cow cheese, 2 egg whites, sometimes turkey sausage & sometimes no meat,  lots of purple onion, tomato and fresh spinach.  I find a breakfast high in fiber and protein keeps me filled up for a good while. 

LeslieFaye
by on Jul. 9, 2010 at 3:42 PM

waffle ( whole wheat,oats,sunfl seeds, flax seed, almond milk, coconut oil - recipe in the recipes post - I make 8 put them in the freezer warm one in the toaster each day), blueberries(I warm 1c berries w/1/3cH20 and about a soonful of honey or agave, just enough to mix and make juice)  ,egg

For the kids eat oatmeal (2c water, 1c oats, 2Tbsp milled flax seed, a drizzle of honey ) w/almond milk and berries. They eat this just about every day, or some type of Kashi cereal w/almond milk and fruit,  except my 6yo who eats scrambled eggs and ezekiel toast, this morning, with pb&j.

baby

LeslieFaye
by on Jul. 9, 2010 at 3:47 PM

I still make a lot of those things. I just change the ingredients to healthier things: whole grains - replace all purpose flour with whole wheat flour or or oats, add flax seed and/or wheat germ. You can substitute milled flax seed for the oil - I usually use 1/2 flax seed and 1/2 coconut oil and almond or rice milk for the milk.  Flax seed mixed with  water can replace an egg (but not in everything)

baby

clarewillow
by on Jul. 9, 2010 at 7:13 PM

I had a yogurt and coffee, sometimes I also have fruit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)