Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

I am a cycle instructor and trainer.  I have been wondering about these Shape Up tennis shoes.  My initial thought is that it is a fad, but some of my clients swear they work.  I was wondering if any of you out there have them and do they really work for just walking around?  I walk a lot, not particularly for exercise, but just day to day activities.  Do these shoes work?  Maybe I can "workout" all the time if I had a pair.  I have to know they are worth it, because I personally feel they are really UGLY!  I have so many other cute pairs of tennis shoes, but if they really work I will be willing to invest!

by on Jul. 15, 2010 at 2:47 PM
Replies (11-16):
smurfy88
by Jessica on Jul. 17, 2010 at 11:43 PM

BUMP!

DavisMom161008
by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 10:02 AM

I do not have the Shape-Ups but I do own a pair of Reebock EasyTone and I swear they work. When I got the shoes, it took a day to get use to them since they are suppose to create a slightly unbalanced them (I don't think there is that big of a difference from normal walking shoes or bare foot). At the time I was not dieting or doing an exercise routine and in a little over a month I was able to fit back into a size 2 jean.

I am now eating healthier, doing Zumba 2 to 3 times a week, and lifting weights at home a few times a week and have gone from 120 to 113 in 1 month. So far with walking in the shoes and everything else I am maintaining my weight so far.

Mommy to a sweet, lovable little boy!!!!

Join me in the Air Force Wives Page to share info, ideas, and meet other Air Force Wives.

www.cafemom.com/group/airforce-wives

angelsdaycare
by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 9:31 PM

For me I use them and alternate with boots and sandles and old tennis shoes depending on the weather outside and what I will be doing.  I LOVE THEM.  I used to get all kinds of pain in my back from a seperated disc from high school. But now I don't have the pain.  I wear them about 4 days out of the week, though now that it is summer here and summer does not last long (Alaska gets very short summer weather) I have only been wearing my scetcher sandles also so called tone ups, but the sandles are not shaped the same.  I only got the sandles because I wanted more padding between my foot and the ground and the rest of the sandles here were so thin it was rediculus.

I love my tone ups and will continue to wear them often, especially when trying to keep up with kids.  Maybe it is just my equlibrium that was off to begin with but they really really help me.

Quoting Chelles0202:

I am a nurse and have never tried them. But a LOT of nurses I have seen, wear them. One girl said that they made her back pain go away (from years of soccer playin/injuries.)I don't know, coming from other nurses who are on their feet all day, I really want to try them.

Kimra
by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 9:55 PM

these shoes are a chiropractor's worst nightmare, or maybe dream come true since tons of people who wear these shoes are going to end up seeing a chiropractor in the near future... ;)

smurfy88
by Jessica on Jul. 18, 2010 at 11:37 PM

It seems everyone has extreme opposites on opinions with these shoes, you either love them and insist they work or you hate them and insist their horrible for you.

Fit45
by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 12:12 PM

I agree with smurfy! The responses are so diverse! I still am unsure if they are the right purchase for me.  I think they are too new on the market to have any kind of valid statistics on results.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)