Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Which sacrifice was the hardest...?

Posted by   + Show Post

What was your biggest sacrifice for health?

by on Jul. 16, 2010 at 11:48 AM
Replies (11-20):
gtwerd
by on Jul. 16, 2010 at 2:43 PM

yup, i got my gallbladder removed 3 years ago. then i had complications from that, then complications from the complications, and then i think i was ok, but now i think i have more complications. needless to say i gave up all fatty foods and am being a good girl now. for the most part.

ziff130
by on Jul. 16, 2010 at 2:50 PM

Quoting ryaubzma:

Quoting ziff130:

Mine was white chocolate!! Mmmmmm....

you are braver than i!! was there a specific health concern.. or just chose to cut out the sweets?

No specific health concern. I'm just trying to cut back on sweets. My biggest obstacle/goal right now is high fructose corn syrup. I had no idea how many foods contain that. I've been trying to cut that out completely from mine and my family's diet.

ryaubzma
by on Jul. 16, 2010 at 3:00 PM

Quoting gtwerd:

yup, i got my gallbladder removed 3 years ago. then i had complications from that, then complications from the complications, and then i think i was ok, but now i think i have more complications. needless to say i gave up all fatty foods and am being a good girl now. for the most part.

amazing for your waistline too!! fatty foods are so good.... i wish they had the same nutritional content as a veggie.. lol

What's going on in our world? Stop by!

ryaubzma
by on Jul. 16, 2010 at 3:02 PM

Quoting ziff130:

Quoting ryaubzma:

Quoting ziff130:

Mine was white chocolate!! Mmmmmm....

you are braver than i!! was there a specific health concern.. or just chose to cut out the sweets?

No specific health concern. I'm just trying to cut back on sweets. My biggest obstacle/goal right now is high fructose corn syrup. I had no idea how many foods contain that. I've been trying to cut that out completely from mine and my family's diet.

Its way scary. Ive been trying to read the labels on everything before I put it into the cart... and its really shocking just what is in our foods :(

What's going on in our world? Stop by!

smurfy88
by Jessica on Jul. 16, 2010 at 3:40 PM

nachos, i used to eat them like crazy!

May-20
by on Jul. 16, 2010 at 5:52 PM

HFCS wasn't a sacrifice for me, but it's an obstacle. It's in just about everything! I'm reading labels all the time, but that's a good thing. At least I know when I give my kids a PBJ sandwich, it's the real deal.

For me, it's been processed carbs. I love pasta, rice, potatoes, and most breads. Oh, but they don't love me. Or maybe they love me too much. Or some of both. Anyway, I do better without them. But I sure miss them.

kimmykim
by on Jul. 16, 2010 at 7:35 PM

Staying away from fast food.  We still eat it every now and then, but not nearly as much as I used to.  I guess living in the country helps with that though.  :)  It's not as easily accessible.

minneapolismama
by on Jul. 16, 2010 at 10:51 PM

sweets. i still eat way too many but not like i would like to lol. i love baking and would make a different dessert everyday if it wasn't unhealthy. also i struggle with lunch meat- we love sandwiches and i try to buy nitrate/nitrite free but it's often over $10 a lb, double what others are. i do the best i can. 

lose2win
by on Jul. 17, 2010 at 10:51 AM
Without a doubt the morning coffee with the newest creamers!
CatDogLady
by on Jul. 17, 2010 at 10:51 AM
potato chips, salty items,
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)