Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

☛ Make Me a Sammich!

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2010 at 5:51 PM
  • 18 Replies

So, I want you to "make" me three sandwiches.

Sandwich #1:  The healthiest sandwich you can think of that would appeal to children (think American children in general - not just our kids who are used to more healthy stuff).

Sandwich #2:  Tell me the grossest/least healthy sandwich you'd ever made, seen or heard of... if you can't think of one, make one up.

Sandwich #3:  Tell me the healthiest but still tastiest sandwich you've ever eaten.  If you're not big on sandwiches, make one up, but it has to be healthy AND still taste good!

Make sure you include the bread, condiments, cheeses (if any), fruits and/or vegetables, whether it's toasted anything like that!

by on Jul. 16, 2010 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RanaAurora
by on Jul. 16, 2010 at 5:57 PM
Okay. What about a PB&J with bacon on white bread (the plain white bread that tastes like soft cardboard). The fat alone will kill you in this one.
RanaAurora
by on Jul. 16, 2010 at 6:00 PM
I'm doing these out of order. For #3, how about a BLT on rye with light mayo or dairy-free mayo and avocado slices. Add a few little alfalfa sprouts.
RanaAurora
by on Jul. 16, 2010 at 6:04 PM
and a kid's sandwich could be whole wheat bread with alfalfa sprouts (just a few), real cheese, light mayo, lettuce and cut into a star shape. Add some grapes on the side.
SanDiegoMaxMom
by on Jul. 16, 2010 at 6:04 PM

1. Peanut butter, flaxseed & banana on whole grain bread

2. Anything with vegimite (sorry, I only make good food :-))

3. Avocado, roaster red pepper, lettuce, tomato, sprouted lentils, pepper-jack cheese on whole grain.

MTNester1
by on Jul. 16, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Alright, I got my own account, Christie.  Happy?  :)  bow down

RanaAurora
by on Jul. 16, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Yes mother, I'm very happy. :)  Those replies from "me" were from my mom, guys.

smurfy88
by Jessica on Jul. 16, 2010 at 6:47 PM

oh okay :)

Quoting RanaAurora:

Yes mother, I'm very happy. :)  Those replies from "me" were from my mom, guys.

RanaAurora
by on Jul. 16, 2010 at 7:02 PM

#1. On whole grain bread (sprouted, if your kid will eat it!), fresh (or at least chemical-free) peanut butter or almond butter, banana slices, local honey, homemade or organic jam/preserves.

#2.  On HFCS-white bread, bacon, hamburger, processed American cheese, mayonaisse, HFCS-ketchup, mustard and onion rings.  Who puts ONION RINGS on sandwiches or burgers?  Ew.

#3.  My current favorite sandiwch is on my sprouted bread (Dave's Killer Bread brand), with avocado, tomato, baby spinach leaves, provolone cheese, turkey, maybe some sprouts. 

I'm also a fan of sprouts, turkey, provolone, almond butter and pickles.  That one's weird but good.

JoyeAustin
by on Jul. 16, 2010 at 7:06 PM

*bam*  There ya go. You're a sammich.

ziff130
by on Jul. 16, 2010 at 7:14 PM

How did you do that little finger thing in the subject line? hehe

Okay, sorry... back on topic here.

1) Grilled Cheese Sandwich on white bread

2) I'm ashamed to admit that dh used to eat these... absolutely disgusting. A hamburger bun w/ a beef patty topped with chilli and then nachos with cheese drenched on top of that and then the top but. Ick! I used to tell him it was a heart attack on a plate but he doesn't care about stuff like that.

3) I love to eat whole wheat bread w/ an avacado spread on it, tomato slices and pepper. I often leave the top bread off and microwave it so its just a little bit warm. Yum yum!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN