Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Super-easy ice cream, take two.

Posted by   + Show Post

My new cookbook suggests throwing frozen berries and heavy cream in a food processor until velvety smooth.  Anyone have some frozen berries they want to test this one?

by on Aug. 10, 2010 at 9:18 PM
Replies (11-17):
jagamama0710
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 1:36 PM

Funny I just saw this! I actually did this with strawberries and 1% milk the other day for DD.

I used my Ninja. I threw in maybe 1 cup of frozen strawberries and a few tablespoons of milk at first. Pulsed a bunch. I added a few more tablespoons of milk and pulsed some more. I just kept blending and all of a sudden it turned to ice cream consistency. DD ate it right up.

It wasn't very sweet though. I would have added some honey if I was going to eat it but she loved it as is. lol I actually may try some vanilla almond milk next time vs regular milk. Maybe that will help with the sweetness.

wendy46121
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 1:44 PM

Sounds like a thick smoothie, lol  :) 

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Aug. 25, 2010 at 12:28 AM
ewwww I froze the leftovers and put popsicle sticks in. They were so disgusting!
RanaAurora
by on Aug. 25, 2010 at 2:00 AM

What berries did you use?

I put in a decent amount of honey too.

RanaAurora
by on Aug. 25, 2010 at 2:00 AM

And white chocolate chips.

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Aug. 25, 2010 at 9:06 AM

i used the frozen blueberries.  It definitely needed something to sweeten it the first time.  But the freezing just made it curdled.

Quoting RanaAurora:

What berries did you use?

I put in a decent amount of honey too.

boncork
by on Aug. 25, 2010 at 11:37 AM

I used vanillia almond milk and bananas w/ vegan choc chips b/c I/m vegan- my husband & I loved it!!!!!!!! My daughter not so thrilled.  I'm going to try rice milk and strawberries or mangos and I think we will all love it. I will keep ypu posted.  I think that using the bananas as a base and then add strawberries etc would be amazing!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN