Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

breakfast and losing weight

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2010 at 12:21 AM
  • 11 Replies
hello healthy mommas!!!! I'm just wondering what everyone eats for breakfast while trying to lose weight!! Smoothies? Cereal? Eggs? What's the best for you??? Thank you in advance!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2010 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
homeofficemom29
by on Aug. 19, 2010 at 3:11 AM

Well before I got pregnant my nutritional  coach had me eating 2 egg whites, half a grape fruit, a glass of orange juice, and a slice of toast.  Make sure you get lots of protein, lift weights along with 30 minutes of cardio, and make your dinner your smallest meal.  Good luck! 

rkoloms
by on Aug. 19, 2010 at 6:08 AM

Most days, my breakfast is fruit and raisin ezekiel bread with peanut butter

Robin in Chicago

mcginnisc
by on Aug. 19, 2010 at 7:37 AM

I vary it daily....some days it's yogurt with cereal and berries, some days it's cereal,skim milk and berries, english muffin with egg, cheese, fruit, veggie omelet, toast with cheese and yogurt...it depends on my mood. The only thing that doesn't change is my 2 cups of coffee with splenda.

I've lost 51 lbs counting calories and working out 6 days per week....

Claire

ziff130
by on Aug. 19, 2010 at 7:39 AM

I will eat oatmeal w/ a bit of honey and fresh fruit, homemade yogurt w/ muesli and honey, whole wheat cereal w/ almond milk, smoothies, whole wheat pancakes w/ warm, mashed fruit... um.... I know there's more but nothing is coming to me. Sometimes I'll splurge and make muffins or something for everyone but I try to keep it healthy. :)

minneapolismama
by on Aug. 19, 2010 at 8:26 AM

i always eat a good breakfast no matter what, just eating in the morning alone will get your body going and is good for weightloss (as long as it's not doughnuts lol). i do oatmeal with fruit, nuts, and flax with a little honey or maple syrup; whole wheat enflish muffin with 1 egg, a slice of cheese and some fruit; kashi or barbaras cereal with almond milk, half a banana and some sliced strawberries; whole wheat english muffin with peanut or almond butter, sometimes topped with banana slices; smoothie with frozen banana, almond milk or yogurt, fresh fruit (berries, pineapple, peaches), a handful of spinach and 1 tbs ground flax. 99% of the time i eat one of these things.

andy80
by on Aug. 19, 2010 at 8:30 AM

veggie omelets or cheerios with sliced banana and almond milk    yum

tapshoes4
by on Aug. 19, 2010 at 10:59 PM
thank you so much moms!!!! I will try out all the great foods! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smurfy88
by Jessica on Aug. 20, 2010 at 12:03 AM

I eat fiber one cereal or oatmeal

MissMelody85
by on Aug. 20, 2010 at 9:52 AM

I make breakfast fruit and protein smoothies.  Basically, frozen fruit of choice, plain yogurt, some oj or milk, and whey protein powder.  Keeps me full for hours and my blood sugar stable.

momof3angela
by on Aug. 21, 2010 at 7:29 AM

Egg white omlets with fresh salsa and cilantro:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN