Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Moms- I need some SNACK ideas!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I am SO tired of the same ole same ole. I need some snack ideas- kid friendly is always good. Right now we mainly have things like cut up veggies, fruit & PB, yogurt, string cheese, sometimes pretzels. PLEASE give me some new ideas.

by on Aug. 22, 2010 at 7:43 PM
Replies (11-16):
natural.mama
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:54 AM

Quoting minneapolismama:

quesadillas are easy, just do whole wheat tortillas with cheese or add bean, leftover veg or meat and serve with salsa

rollups- peanut butter and banana, turkey and cheese, hummus and veg

dip bananas in pb or melted chocolate, roll in nuts, freeze

smoothies- plain or flavored yogurt, frozen banana, fresh friut (we do peach, pinapple or strawberry) and a handful of spinach

parfaits- layer yogurt, fruit, dry cereal or granola. or nuts, yogurt, chocolate chips, dried fruit

I knew I could count on you for some interesting ideas :). Think I am going to try out the frozen bananas in dark chocolate.

natural.mama
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:55 AM

Quoting ziff130:

I found a fabulous website called Weelicious. It has snack and meal ideas and recipes. IT's awesome!!! :) It's weelicious.com

thanks!

natural.mama
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:55 AM

Quoting FXmomTo3:

have you tried frozen grapes ????  great snack in the summer...very refreshing !

orrrr, banana ice....???   freeze bananas in chunks, then puree them with a SMALL amount of skim milk for an ice cream consistency.....sooooo incredibly good !

I have tried something similar with watermelon and ice. Banana ice sounds YUMMY. Going to the store today!

SamoandTimBug
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:04 AM

My kids love the banana pops covered in chocolate.  If you like, you can roll them in nuts when the chocolate is still sticky. 

I don't have a lot of suggestions.  My youngest could live on cheese, and I struggle with my oldest because my grandma (who used to be my childcare provider) let him eat stuff that I wouldn't necessarily, such as fruit snacks and popsicles.  Those things are fine in moderation, but she didn't moderate, kwim?  I buy fruit leather and I've gotten him turned around somewhat, but it's hard once he's developed a taste for something.  And now he's in school and alternates between buying and packing, so again I deal with the junk food issue, because school lunches aren't the greatest.

purplewoman5
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:11 AM
I give my kids Herbalife Kids shakes.
It comes in 3 flavors and gives the kids vitamins! We like to try different things with it like putting in fruit and extracts. My daughter's favorite is choc-o-minty!
Please let me know if you are interested
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamalmf
by on Aug. 25, 2010 at 12:56 PM

So many kids eat whatever is on hand.  I am so glad that you are interested in having something healthy available for your children.  The main trick is to give them something that will fill them up for awhile and won't spike their sugar level into oblivion. 

My girls are older, however we finally decided to start eating healthy this past year when I lost a lot of weight and inches, using Herbalife.  Kids love shakes.  We have a wonderful tasting product made just for kids.  This is not a replacement shake,it is just for snacks.  They can add whatever fruit they want or drink it plain with lo fat milk or soy milk.  I love mine with chocolate soy milk, bananas and strawberries.  Yum.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN