Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

What do you put on your baked potatoes?

I'm a big fan of "the works" though I know that negates a lot of the nutritional value.

by on Aug. 22, 2010 at 10:17 PM
Replies (11-19):
rkoloms
by on Aug. 23, 2010 at 6:32 AM

We only bake sweet potatoes, and I love them overcooked and plain

Robin in Chicago

DestMasters
by on Aug. 23, 2010 at 8:19 AM

Butter, pinch of salt, lots of black pepper.  

ziff130
by on Aug. 23, 2010 at 8:27 AM

We normally eat sweet potatoes and just eat them plain. Sometimes I'll sprinkle a little bit of brown sugar on the kids'. For a white baked potato, I normally just put some salsa on it. :)

dotsicle
by on Aug. 23, 2010 at 10:10 AM

I bake them in the microwave in the hot weather. On mine, I like just butter OR low-fat sour cream and homegrown chives, with pepper. Dh just adds butter and pepper. Never tried salsa but thanks for the idea!

darkeyedmom
by on Aug. 23, 2010 at 10:52 AM

AMIBAD, I'm a big fan of the works too,lol. I heard salsa is very nutritious on them, I haven't tried it though:)

I love Smallville

I'm a mom with Anxiety/Panic disorder and Agoraphobia!Handle with care text

sarfam4
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:28 AM

I like them with a little chives or green onlon a smidgen of  real butter salt pepper and some cheese.

CatDogLady
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:25 PM

I like mine different ways:

butter and fat free sour cream or cottage cheese

chili and cheese

vegetables and cheese

twice baked

Debbie
SamoandTimBug
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Anything and everything, although just butter, salt, and sour cream will do.  I go light on the butter and salt, and heavy on the sour cream, usually.

jcsafc51
by on Aug. 25, 2010 at 4:49 AM

DH and I always cook them in the microwave, chop up onion onto them; we use olive oil spread as butter, put lots of salt free seasonings, like parsley, garlic n herbs, Mrs Dash table blend, chives: I have a grinder bottle with sea salt and herbs I use; we have soy bacon bits sometimes, sometimes broccoli florets cooked, fresh chopped tomatoes. As corn is in season now, we cook corn in the husk in the microwave and cut the kernels off the cob. Just bought some Greek-style yogurt and tried the plain on our potatoes; that was delish. Sometimes we use green pea or lentil soups for a sauce. Sometimes we use shredded cheese. Basically we make a meal off potatoes when we fix them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN