Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Maybe off Topic but need some thoughts or advice

Posted by   + Show Post

My ds who is 15 has been complaining about a sore throat only since yesterday morning.  He ask me this evening before bed if I could look in his throat to see if it was read.  Well when I looked in his throat it looked as if he had ulcers or sores in the back of his throat he doesn't seem to be running a fever (he is a pretty tough kid) but has been complaining about his body aching and just not feeling the greatest.  Has anyone else's kids had this?  So I be concerned I know this may sound weird but I have high anxiety  and panic over the stupid things sometimes so i was just wondering if anyone has seen this in there kids.  Thanks so much for any thoughts or advice.

Tracie mom of 3 out of control kiddo's

by on Aug. 22, 2010 at 11:51 PM
Replies (21-27):
sarfam4
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:24 AM

My son had this about a month ago.  He had a fever though and is only 5, but he first had swollen lymphnodes.  He was tested for strep throat.  I think you should probably take him to the doctor and get a culture because the fever may not have come yet.  It may also be a precurser to Mono.  My son was also tested for that.  If it is mono or if he has had it before, he will get an immunity and won't get it again,

CatDogLady
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:27 PM

It sounds like strep throat, take him to doctor

jcsafc51
by on Aug. 25, 2010 at 5:20 AM

you know the job of tonsils is to try and filter out the germs 1st before going any farther; removing them would not keep from getting strep, just open the gate for the germs to go farther in. When i was a small child our family dr tried to talk my mom into getting my tonsils and adenoids removed as that was the thing to do then. Mom refused and stood firm. I had a lot of problems until I reached the age of 12, then outgrew a lot of my respitory ailments.  I am almost 60 and still have my tonsils and they rarely give me any problems.

Bitterroot
by on Aug. 25, 2010 at 12:08 PM

What in the world are "ulcers" in the throat?

Momofcrazy3
by on Aug. 25, 2010 at 12:12 PM

Quoting Bitterroot:

What in the world are "ulcers" in the throat?

Ulcers they are the things you get on the inside of your lips you can get them from alot of citruis type of foods or drinks, spicy foods and i am sure there are some other ways of getting them but these are the ways i know of.  He just got them in his throat that's all

momof3angela
by on Aug. 25, 2010 at 3:11 PM

I'm glad it's not strep:)  And glad you were able to ease your mind by having the Dr check him out.  Is he feeling better now?

Momofcrazy3
by on Aug. 25, 2010 at 4:02 PM

Quoting momof3angela:

I'm glad it's not strep:)  And glad you were able to ease your mind by having the Dr check him out.  Is he feeling better now?

Yeah he is feeling better today was the first day he can finally swallow with little or no pain.  He is a teenage boy though he likes to act tough and pretend it didn't bother him LOL  thanks for the concern.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN