Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Being Natural From The Inside Out

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2010 at 10:21 PM
  • 19 Replies

We also have been eating as natural as we can since I have had kids.

One is ADHD and carbs really trigger him, but we also purchase all our vitality, cleaning, cosmetics, pharmaceutical and sports~weight management products through a company that manufactures these everyday products naturally AND they deliver them to my door.

Since we eat more naturally and everything we use on or into our bodies is natural, we don't get sick, our energy level is higher and I definately save alot of time, by not having to go do all this shopping every week!

by on Sep. 8, 2010 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DestMasters
by on Sep. 9, 2010 at 9:39 AM

Why buy something already made when you can make it yourself and save TONS of money? We make all our cleaning products except the dishwasher detergent. I just haven't been able to get the mixture quite right yet.

I think my bills for cleaning products and things like shampoo and such were slashed by at least 90% when I started making my own stuff. It's not a time sucker either. I love it.

jess227ny
by on Sep. 9, 2010 at 3:09 PM
Ditto ;)

Quoting DestMasters:

Why buy something already made when you can make it yourself and save TONS of money? We make all our cleaning products except the dishwasher detergent. I just haven't been able to get the mixture quite right yet.

I think my bills for cleaning products and things like shampoo and such were slashed by at least 90% when I started making my own stuff. It's not a time sucker either. I love it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
drewp12
by on Sep. 10, 2010 at 8:21 AM
I have a feeling we shop at the same place...We love it! You are right, we save so much time and $$$ too!
My2Munchkinz
by on Sep. 10, 2010 at 2:31 PM

I know about the cleaning stuff but now I'm curious...how do you make your own shampoo??  I would love to try something like that.

Quoting DestMasters:

mommydcruz
by on Sep. 10, 2010 at 2:37 PM

can u  ladies post your recepies please?? i would love to make my own cleaning products and shampoos? 

DestMasters
by on Sep. 10, 2010 at 2:41 PM

Mix white vinegar and water....about 2 parts vinegar to one part water. That's it. All purpose cleaner and it's, literally, all purpose. It'll do windows, counters, everything. If you want to add a bit of "zing" to it, you can use a few drops of essential oil in the mix. Tea Tree adds extra antiviral and antimicrobial properties. Lavendar does too and so does Rosemary. Lemon juices leaves a nice shine.

Baking soda is great to use as a sink or toilet scrub.  Works well on soap scum too. It'll take some elbow grease but that's an easy trade for natural, non-toxic, inexpensive cleaning.

We don't use shampoo. We use baking soda, about a teaspoon mixed in with about 8 ounces of water. Wet hair, apply the mixture, massage it in and Rinse. We follow with an apple cider vinegar rince that's about 1/2 teaspoon ACV mixed with 8 ounces of water. No, your hair won't smell like ACV. Once vinegar dries, the smell is gone. My hair has never been healthier. I only clean it once ever 5 to 8 days, depending on what I've been doing.

Quoting mommydcruz:

can u  ladies post your recepies please?? i would love to make my own cleaning products and shampoos? 

~Destiny

Listen to your body. It will tell you all you need to know.
Healthy Moms Moderator - Come join us!
Kids' Health Center Moderator - Your kids will thank you!

rkoloms
by on Sep. 11, 2010 at 8:25 AM

Quoting My2Munchkinz:

I know about the cleaning stuff but now I'm curious...how do you make your own shampoo??  I would love to try something like that.

Quoting DestMasters:

I use "no poo". I make a paste with apple cider vinegar and baking soda.

rkoloms
by on Sep. 11, 2010 at 8:26 AM

Quoting mommydcruz:

This is what we use for most cleaning (initially used as part of my daughter's 6th grade science fair project). It is cheap (my favorite) and non toxic.
¼ cup white vinegar
¾ cup warm tap water
1 tablespoon baking soda
10 drops of tea tree oil (antibacterial, antifungal, etc.)
2 drops oil of lavender essential oil (antiseptic and smells nice) 

Robin in Chicago

Kaylon
by on Sep. 11, 2010 at 9:16 AM
Quoting drewp12:

I have a feeling we shop at the same place...We love it! You are right, we save so much time and $$$ too!

texasmom1800
by on Sep. 11, 2010 at 5:20 PM

Can someone please PM me the website for the food?

Thanks

Quoting Kaylon:

Quoting drewp12:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)