Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need a baby friendly job

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2010 at 3:56 PM
  • 15 Replies

Anyone know a way to make a small income and still take care of my baby. I really don't want to put him in daycare.

by on Sep. 13, 2010 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zoomom816
by on Sep. 13, 2010 at 3:58 PM

Have you looked at Avon, Pampered Chef or Tastefully Simple (or something along those lines)? They really allow you to make your own schedule but you have to be able to stay on top of your business. Just a thought...

Bitterroot
by on Sep. 13, 2010 at 4:21 PM

Can you work part-time evenings and/or weekends while your DH stays home with baby?  I worked 8 hours a week when my older two were younger.  I had 4 hours sunday afternoons, and 4 hours on a weeknight.  I was home by 9:30 p.m. that night.

It was nice extra money.

Even if you're only earning, say, $8 an hour, at 8 hours per week that's $64 a week, or $256 a month.

Another thing I did was nanny for another family who had 3 boys.  I just brought along my little one.  I worked from 7:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. and earned about $600 a month (this was about 13 years ago...so probably in today's dollars, you'd easily earn over $1,000 a month.)

I'm 39, been married nearly 17 years now, and we have 3 beautiful girls.  I'm all about eco-parenting and how to live a healthier lifestyle.  Come join me on my NEW CafeMom forum: The Urban Homestead! http://www.cafemom.com/group/111920

rkoloms
by on Sep. 13, 2010 at 4:28 PM

If you know another family you can nanny-share with,  your child care costs will be lower, and you can keep your career moving forward.

Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to
http://www.ivaa.org/ , http://www.iavoa.com/ , http://www.vanetworking.com/ 

Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching; additionally, I handle the business end of my spouse's business, and do medical billing and coding one day a week for one of my bookkeeping clients.

Robin in Chicago

runner-mom
by on Sep. 13, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Quoting Bitterroot:

Can you work part-time evenings and/or weekends while your DH stays home with baby?  I worked 8 hours a week when my older two were younger.  I had 4 hours sunday afternoons, and 4 hours on a weeknight.  I was home by 9:30 p.m. that night.

That was my suggestion.  I waited tables/bartended for a LONG time, and mostly only worked one night a week.  But I brought home anywhere from $75-$300 in that one shift, so it really worked out great!  DH got an opportunity to have "alone time" with the kids, and I got to have adult time , haha

Run Like a MOM!!                 my blog                        join us at dailymile!

Bitterroot
by on Sep. 13, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Quoting runner-mom:

Quoting Bitterroot:

That was my suggestion.  I waited tables/bartended for a LONG time, and mostly only worked one night a week.  But I brought home anywhere from $75-$300 in that one shift, so it really worked out great!  DH got an opportunity to have "alone time" with the kids, and I got to have adult time , haha

Holy cow, girl!  That's quite the tip $$$!!!!

I was going to be funny and recommend she purchase a web cam to "work" nights for a couple hours while LO was asleep, LOL, but figured that would come out as not being helpful.

I'm 39, been married nearly 17 years now, and we have 3 beautiful girls.  I'm all about eco-parenting and how to live a healthier lifestyle.  Come join me on my NEW CafeMom forum: The Urban Homestead! http://www.cafemom.com/group/111920

ziff130
by on Sep. 13, 2010 at 6:07 PM

I worked as a vet tech and the doc let me bring my ds and leave him in a back room in a small portable swing. I had a baby monitor so I could hear him if he got upset. :) It only worked until he was crawling around.

smurfy88
by Jessica on Sep. 13, 2010 at 6:19 PM

BUMP!

greenhomebelle
by on Sep. 14, 2010 at 8:16 AM

Im working with a great company that is "stay at home mommy oriented!!! your just the kind of woman we want on our team!  i'll be glad to hook you up! great way to earn an income from home, legit! no stocking inventorey, no selling and lots of company perks!!! PM me soon for more info, im serious, its a good company, totally legit, im doing, anyone can!!! forward to hearing from you!

Belinda Gresham

WorkatHomeMom08
by on Sep. 14, 2010 at 8:37 AM

Hi, I work for a great wellness company that is well suited for stay-at-home moms. There is no selling of products, no inventory, no delivering of products, no home parties, and absolutely No Risk. If you are looking for a better quality of life for you and your loved ones and love helping others while earning a healthy residual income, do message me. This company is truly legit and worth looking in to. Would love to hear from you.

Alice

DestMasters
by on Sep. 14, 2010 at 8:52 AM

Please remember that the Healthy Moms group is not the place to recruit, sell or solicit.

Thanks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)