Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Breaking Out At 23?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2010 at 2:35 PM
  • 14 Replies
I'm 23 years old and just started getting zits. I almost never had them even when I was younger and in high school. What the heck? Anybody know the best thing for this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2010 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
H.I.S.
by on Sep. 14, 2010 at 2:39 PM

BUMP!

smurfy88
by Jessica on Sep. 14, 2010 at 3:03 PM

I am almost 22 and just started getting them, i get em around my period but by the time they completley go away its almost time for my period agfain!

jackiewal10
by on Sep. 14, 2010 at 3:03 PM

I'm 30!  And I still get them. 

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Sep. 14, 2010 at 3:30 PM

A natural way to take care of them is to rub an onion on them.  Dries it right up.  I used them when I was a teenager.  There might be something going on the in the inside that is causing the change.  Have you made any changes in your diet?

Kelly, Fall 2008 babies! CO-Group Owner

Cafemom Healthy Moms  Moderator

rkoloms
by on Sep. 14, 2010 at 6:01 PM

Here is how my teen handles her acne: wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (like Just Tomatoes or Lush). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

parrishsky
by on Sep. 14, 2010 at 6:06 PM

I'm 45 and I break out.

My friend always tells me that my face think it's a teenager. Haha.

Tea tree oil and witch hazel work great!

jackiewal10
by on Sep. 14, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Oooo...where do you get your tea tree oil?

Quoting parrishsky:

I'm 45 and I break out.

akgraff
by on Sep. 14, 2010 at 8:05 PM

i use proactive. i'm 26 that and when i'm running low and haven't gotten my stock in i'll wash my face with burts bees products or organic face wash. I don't use proactive nearly as much as i used to bc after i started using homemade masks my face felt so much more refreshed and the pimples reduced. I put honey on my face for 10 minutes then rinse real well with luke warm water. I also mix that with some oatmeal and sometimes i'll use a banana and plain fat free yogurt on my face for 5-10 minutes. I do this once or twice a week and it has dramatically changed my face!

parrishsky
by on Sep. 14, 2010 at 8:07 PM
Quoting jackiewal10:

Quoting parrishsky:

I'm 45 and I break out.

From Trader Joes but I've also gotten it at the farmers market. There's a gal that makes hand made soaps and she sells it.  Some small pharmacies carry it too.

jackiewal10
by on Sep. 14, 2010 at 10:40 PM

Quoting parrishsky:

Quoting jackiewal10:

Quoting parrishsky:

I'm 45 and I break out.

From Trader Joes but I've also gotten it at the farmers market. There's a gal that makes hand made soaps and she sells it.  Some small pharmacies carry it too.

REALLY!  Trader Joe's.  I could literally walk to our Trader Joe's.  I've never thought to look there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)