Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

What do you see in the mirror?

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2010 at 1:22 PM
  • 20 Replies

Part of health is a healthy image of oneself so, when you look in the mirror, what do you see? Not necessarily looks but personality or anything. What/Who do you see?

by on Sep. 16, 2010 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vv56964
by on Sep. 16, 2010 at 1:29 PM

It depends on what is going on in my life. Right now I see someone who is not perfect, but running ragged trying:) 

SabrinaLC
by on Sep. 16, 2010 at 2:02 PM

I try to be positive so I see a pretty face but behind it I can still see sadness.

I try to avoid looking below my face because I'm only 3 months postpartum and I'm still not happy with what I see there.

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Sep. 16, 2010 at 2:23 PM

I try to be positive.  Right now I am run down so I don't like looking at myself.

smurfy88
by Jessica on Sep. 16, 2010 at 3:11 PM

I don't like looking the mirror. I don't mind my face, but I have struggled with liking my body since I was about 9 years old.

inkedmomma84
by on Sep. 16, 2010 at 4:41 PM

I see a pregnant woman who weighs 10 lbs less than she did in her last pregnancy!!!! And who is ready to pop!! WOOHOO!

dancing

DestMasters
by on Sep. 16, 2010 at 4:48 PM

I see my grandmother and if I smile, I see my dad. No, really. Those aren't neccessarily bad things. :)

I do see things that weren't there a decade ago.  When did these THINGS appear on the side of my face? I think they're called jowls and if I understand, weight has nothing to do with them. It's all gravity, baby.  Guess that means I need to walk on my hands for the next 50 years.

I see determination, exhaustion and often times, confusion.

runner-mom
by on Sep. 16, 2010 at 4:53 PM

depends on the day.  Somedays, I see the start of crows feet, the awful extra skin on my stomach from my pregnancies, the stretch marks, the bags under my eyes, etc.

More often, I see one badass marathon/triathlon straight A student mama.  One who leaps fires and dives into open water swims even though she's terrified of both.  Legs that can run 26.2 miles at once, a stomach that grew two beautfiul baby boys, and a face weathered from so much laughing and enjoying the beautiful outdoors.

I've found the second outlook resutls in much better days, so I tend to go with that one  :)

ziff130
by on Sep. 16, 2010 at 7:28 PM

Quoting vv56964:

It depends on what is going on in my life. Right now I see someone who is not perfect, but running ragged trying:) 

None of us are perfect and I think that's all we can do. :)

ziff130
by on Sep. 16, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Quoting SabrinaLC:

I try to be positive so I see a pretty face but behind it I can still see sadness.

I try to avoid looking below my face because I'm only 3 months postpartum and I'm still not happy with what I see there.

awww... HUGS!! YOu look beautiful in the profile pic, momma! :)

ziff130
by on Sep. 16, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Quoting smurfy88:

I don't like looking the mirror. I don't mind my face, but I have struggled with liking my body since I was about 9 years old.

I saw the pic you posted in the picture post and you look great!! :) I am sorry that you've struggled with it but I'm sure others see you completely differently. =o)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN