Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Lorraine Massey's "Go Soapless Challenge" - Enter to Win Free Hair Products!

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2010 at 5:06 PM
  • 152 Replies

We hope you all enjoyed our Healthy Hair Q&A last week!

Due to the popularity of last week's event, Lorraine is inviting all Cafemoms to participate in her new "Go Soapless Challenge!" The details are below. One lucky winner will receive a gift basket of Deva hair products!

The challenge:

For the next 3 weeks, you will commit to "going soapless." That means you won't use regular shampoo (such as those with Sodium lauryl sulfates) when you wash your hair.  

Reply below if you want to participate. Then check in every day to tell us what your hair routine was that day. At the end of the challenge we'll collect everyone's stories. Everyone who posts a final story and checks in at least once during the contest will be eligible to win. The more times you check in during the three weeks, the better your chances!

The challenge runs from Monday September 20 through Monday October 11.

Good luck! And may the best no-pooer win!

by on Sep. 20, 2010 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kayeleven
by on Sep. 20, 2010 at 6:31 PM
I'm in! I even started before I knew about this. I've been using only conditioner for the past 3 days and my hair lays flatter and is so much softer! Yay!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Terri441
by on Sep. 20, 2010 at 6:35 PM
I used 1 tbsp of baking soda dissolved in 1 cup of water and 2 tbsp cider vinegar diluted to rinse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tatja
by on Sep. 20, 2010 at 6:36 PM

my routine is normally i get to shower every could of days due to my fibro and daughter and needing to have someone to shower with me so i don't fall yet again most days i am luck if i can find the comb to brush my hair so i mainly just use my fingers (less holding when i have gripping issues)... hopes that i can convince my future hubby to help me tonight after he gets off work.

inkedmomma84
by on Sep. 20, 2010 at 7:07 PM

Too easy! I use 1/2 tbsp of baking soda and a few sprays of apple cider vinegar w/a cinnamon stick and vanilla extract. :)

LeslieFaye
by on Sep. 20, 2010 at 7:11 PM

That will be easy. I haven't used shampoo in over 2 years. Today I put my fingers through it to get the knots out and fluff it up some then sprayed with water and a few drops of tea tree oil.

baby

Stormy6669
by on Sep. 20, 2010 at 7:12 PM

I am in!

ziff130
by on Sep. 21, 2010 at 7:43 AM

I am in. I use 1 TBS of baking soda and a squirt of honey (to prevent it from getting so dry) in water and then rinse with apple cider vinegar diluted in water. Then I cover it with coconut oil b/c my hair is so curly and gets frizzy if I don't put anything in it. :)

BaseballNut
by on Sep. 21, 2010 at 9:07 AM

I'll try it.....anything to make my hair look better.

noahbug
by on Sep. 21, 2010 at 9:09 AM

I am willing to try but what do I do when my hair fells very greasy and just using conditioner doesn't work?

DestMasters
by on Sep. 21, 2010 at 11:48 AM

I'm in, for sure. I already do the no-poo thing and I'm just learning how to calm it a bit but allow it to curl.

I use about 1 tsp baking soda in 7 ounces of water. "Wash" with that, rinse and then use about 1/2 t ACV in about 3 ounces warm water as a rinse. I put coconut oil on the ends when it's dry. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN